The Student Room Group

potential life changing move?!

So recently I went away on holiday to Paris, I went by myself as a kind of relaxing treat from my family. I am currently single after a quite messy break up about a month ago. I was seeing the sights and doing so work for my art mainly there. On the 3rd day of the 9 days I was there I met a guy in a cafe. He was a local from Paris and was really nice he offered to show me some more of the sights in Paris and I agreed seen as I wasn't very good at locating my way around. So after a day of sight seeing and getting to know him he offered to take me out for a meal the next evening, I agreed and he was planning to pick me up and all that stuff. So the next day when he picked me up he got me a bouquet of flowers and took me out for s really nice meal. We saw each other over the next couple of days and he made things quite fast like he planned for me to meet his whole family and said I love very quickly. I told him I had to leave in a matter of days and he was really upset by this and we promised to keep in contact. He told me the other day that he wanted to move to London so we could be together because he loves me and stuff, I really don't know how to react to this because I really like him and he is attractive, funny and clever but I can't help but feel worried that if he does move to London and it doesn't work out because it was only meant to be a short term thing that he would have made this massive mistake because of me. I just need help in general! I want to know what to say and if this sort of behaviour is normal of a guy / French guy. Thank you :smile:
Reply 1
Extremely fast isn't it.

Beware of him asking for money etc. It's his mistake to make, he probably would have moved to London eventually, who knows.
Reply 2
I'd be careful at least, fast charmers who talk sweet nothings often want to sleep with the girl. If you're interested then go ahead. You sound like a smart girl who's got her head in the game. Have holiday romance if you want, talk to him about his move to the UK, see if he has actually thought it through. At the end of the day if it doesn't work out, its his problem not yours (you sound sweet for considering his feelings).
Am I mistaken or does this sound somewhat vaguely similar to the movie French Kiss .....

As others have said, it is certainly fast by anyone's standards, plus you've just got out of a relationship. He could very well be a genuine guy, but just make sure that there is no ulterior motive. Keep talking to him and see how it goes - I wouldn't come across overly keen, just because it all seems a bit strange in my view. Holiday romances can go places, but its wise to not jump into the deep end too quickly! You seem sensible enough not to do this, so just carry on with things as normal, proceeding with a bit of caution!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending