The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Have you applied for the wrong course or did they make you an offer for a different course? Sometimes universities make you an offer for a different course to the one you've applied for if they think you'd be better suited to something else.
Reply 2
FTP
OP
It has the code for GAMES DESIGN on my UCAS application, so I fear that I've done it by mistake.

I've rang UCAS and the University, they told me to send an email to request changing course..... I'm really nervous that I'm going to lose out on my place now....
Original post by FTP
I've just checked my UCAS Track and I've got an offer back from Leeds Met.

I just checked the course code and the code is for GAMES DESIGN. I meant to apply for ARTS & GRAPHIC DESIGN..... I don't know if it was me or UCAS that have made the mistake....

What can I do?

Please help.

Phone up Leeds Met - they may be able to transfer you onto the other course if they still have spaces. Alternatively, you may have to apply for it in UCAS clearing/ extra.
If you look on UCAS track it will show whether they have offered you a place on an alternative course rather than the one you originally applied for. If this is the case it may still be worth phoning Leeds Met up to try to persuade them to accept you onto the original course, but it is probably less likely that they will be able to transfer you since you were probably offered the other course because they felt it suited you better/ they had no spaces left on the other course. If you did just accidently apply for the wrong course, phoning Leeds Met and explaining this will probably lead to them switching you to the other course if they still have places - the two courses are fairly similar in some respects so if you meet the requirements for games design they would probably also have offered you a place on the art + graphic design had you applied for it. Therefore, if they still have spaces you will probably be able to transfer fairly easily.

Basically, phone them up :smile:
Reply 4
FTP
OP
I've rang them and they told me to send an email to their admissions office basically explaining my situation.

It looks like it's me who has made the mistake as I can't see anywhere that they've put me on a more suitable course. I've done all I can for now so it's just a matter of waiting. I hope you're right, thanks for your help!
Reply 5
Original post by FTP
I've rang them and they told me to send an email to their admissions office basically explaining my situation.

It looks like it's me who has made the mistake as I can't see anywhere that they've put me on a more suitable course. I've done all I can for now so it's just a matter of waiting. I hope you're right, thanks for your help!

It's almost certainly your mistake if Leeds Met haven't said they're offering you a different course (UCAS don't really interfere with applications, so they wouldn't change anything without you asking for it) so you're right, your best bet is to just wait and see what happens!
Reply 6
I just did the same thing and got an offer back! Has anything you've done paid off? I emailed the university as soon as I found out, I'm going to call them today as well. I hope it goes well for the both of us. I can't believe this is happening. Also, has speaking to UCAS been beneficial in anyway? Is it worth while to contact them as well...? It is my fault after all...

Original post by FTP
I've just checked my UCAS Track and I've got an offer back from Leeds Met.

I just checked the course code and the code is for GAMES DESIGN. I meant to apply for ARTS & GRAPHIC DESIGN..... I don't know if it was me or UCAS that have made the mistake....

What can I do?

Please help.
Same, Only I just realised now AFTER getting my offer. Apparently I entered for Physics MSci and not Physics BSc. Luckily, only one of the unis put me on the MSci course, but I was going to put it as my insurance. Now its required grades are higher than my firms!
Same, Only I just realised now AFTER getting all my 5 offers. Apparently I entered for Physics MSci and not Physics BSc. Luckily, only one of the unis put me on the MSci course, but I was going to put it as my insurance. Now its required grades are higher than my firm's! I'm freaking out at this.
Reply 9
Original post by Emmessy Squire
Same, Only I just realised now AFTER getting all my 5 offers. Apparently I entered for Physics MSci and not Physics BSc. Luckily, only one of the unis put me on the MSci course, but I was going to put it as my insurance. Now its required grades are higher than my firm's! I'm freaking out at this.

If you want your university to change your course to the BSc just call them asap. Although note that many universities will offer you a place on the BSc if you miss the MSci offer, it's not guaranteed.

PS. This was a 2013 thread. And is now closed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending