The Student Room Group

Are there any specific subjects you need for International Relations?

Whether it's A Levels, BTEC etc that Universities are looking for? For their International Relations courses?
I kinda looked into this field at first when I was choosing my A-level options; and although there isn't any specific subjects required, it is desirable to have at least one essay based subject. Have you considered anything like History, Gov & Pol, Philosophy, Geography (even a language) etc. -they're good ones to have :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by lokalokaloka
Whether it's A Levels, BTEC etc that Universities are looking for? For their International Relations courses?

Some universities specify at least one humanities A-Level but other than that its up to you.
It's relatively rare that a specific subject is mentioned, so you're best off going for solid essay based subjects, eg history, government and politics

Posted from TSR Mobile
A background knowledge of any connected subject - sociology, politics, law, history, economics, philosophy or psychology - will not only be useful but will also illustrate to any Admissions Tutor that you are genuinely interested in the subject and, with appropriate predicted grades, have an aptitude for this sort of subject. 'I've always been interested in politics' isn't very convincing if you are doing A levels in Music, Art and Chemistry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending