The Student Room Group

Going on date with WEALTHY MAN - scared he will insist on paying?

I am going on a date with a man I know to be very wealthy. We are not going to an expensive place (I chose location) so I am 100% able to pay. I am, however, worried he will insist on paying. I am able to graciously accept that if I like him... after insisting to pay myself... but if it turns out at the end of the date that I DON'T fancy him, I really really cannot accept. I would feel so bad and also like I had an obligation to him. He throws cash around however he likes and this meal will be pennies to him.

I am also concerned that he will take it as a knock back if I DO end up liking him and insist on paying my share. HELP!
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I am going on a date with a man I know to be very wealthy. We are not going to an expensive place (I chose location) so I am 100% able to pay. I am, however, worried he will insist on paying. I am able to graciously accept that if I like him... after insisting to pay myself... but if it turns out at the end of the date that I DON'T fancy him, I really really cannot accept. I would feel so bad and also like I had an obligation to him. He throws cash around however he likes and this meal will be pennies to him.

I am also concerned that he will take it as a knock back if I DO end up liking him and insist on paying my share. HELP!

I think that there is nothing wrong in letting a man pay for the meal, but ONLY if he insists. Otherwise, it is perfectly okay in paying for your own meal. Being independent and showing that you're dating him not for his money is a good thing. I'm glad your not one of those girls that EXPECTS him to pay for you. Hope I helped.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending