The Student Room Group

ADVICE/HELP ON THIS 'relationship'

Okay so, ive known this guy now for around a year. We met last year when we were both away on holiday and ever since then we've spoken almost every day. We only text or use like twitter etc, we've skyped once and theres been no phonecalls or anything. He has tried a few times but I havent picked up because it scares me (sounds stupid but the accents are very different), anyway, I think I like him but its a major mind **** because of the distance. Im stuck on what to do. Im going to see him im a month, because were both going back to the same place for a month but I dont know what its going to be like.

The conversations sometimes turn sexual and theres been an exchanging of a few photos but nothing major. I feel like he blows hot and cold on me. Like he texts me a lot but sometimes he'll just ignore my reply and then start up a totally new conversation later on?

I cant work him out, I dont know why he'd keep up contavt for 11 months if he wasnt interested. We often get into the old 'whats our situation' conversation, but distance alwaysa just bombs us both out amd ends the conversation.

I dont know what to do/say? Any advice would be seriously appreciated X
Reply 1
Hey :smile: I think long distance isn't something to go into lightly, and if you've both brought up the what's our situation convo then I think you're both waiting for each other to clarify what's going on. How important is this guy to you? Would you get into a relationship with him if you were only to see him very rarely? Also before going into a long distance relationship, you have to both plan ahead, when will the long distance end. Being in a long distance relationship where there's no end to the distance might make you feel frustrated, where's this going? what's the point?. I know this seems very planned and structured, but a few things like this are super important, relationships should be natural and take a path of their own but unfortunately long distance isn't so simple.

These are just ideas from my own experience, I was in a LDR for over a year before moving to the same country as my boyfriend so we could be together normally, and it definitely wasn't at all easy a long the way. Hope this practical advice helps a little :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending