The Student Room Group

should it bother me that my best friend is dating my ex boyfriend?

Me and my ex-boyfriend were together for about a year, around six months ago I had ended it purely to the fact he had cheated on me and lied several times about it. My best-friend was there while he lied to my face and she seen how emotionally upset i was due to this incident. I don't want to do into detail about how he had cheated on me, i guarantee you can figure that out yourselves.

Any way, about a month ago I bumped into her and questioned her about the so called rumor, she denied it and told me it was her close friend who was meeting up with him. Obviously I thought I could trust her and took her word for her and left it as that. Earlier today he messaged me telling me he loved me still, ect.. And i felt the need to question him on the matter, he admitted everything about them two dating. Do I even have a right to feel anger towards the pair of them? Should i forgive her for lying to me? I'm just so confused on the situation.

oh p.s she's done the exact same thing to two of her "so called" best friends, I just didn't see her doing it to me considering I've been so close to her since I was about four years old.

Any advice would be truly thankful!x
Are you completely over your ex (and she's aware of this)? If so, it's not really a big deal. If there was any doubt (which there probably is as you asked her about him), then it's pretty poor behaviour from a so called 'best friend',
Reply 2
I personally believe it's a "big deal"...
(edited 10 years ago)
I don't know if this is a nice or right thing to do but just tell her that you are aware that they are seeing each other because he just confirmed it, then I'd also send a screenshot of him telling you that he's still in love with you, remind her that he's a cheater and say good luck.

Whether you'd want to remain friends with her after that is up to you. She did lie so you wouldn't get upset... trying to save you pain? Or just because she wanted to seem like a good friend but was actually starting something with your recent ex? Considering how she's done this to other friends she doesn't seem very trustworthy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending