The Student Room Group

350 miles from £70 petrol

In a 1.6 Astra 13 yrs old, petrol at 130.2 per liter, driving urban only with slight carriageway driving. good, bad, average?
Reply 1
Average I'd say, that's about 29MPG ish.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Yeah. I used to get about 32 ish mixed out of the 1.8 306 about 34 out of the 1.6 306 and now get more like 28-30 out of the 1.6 E36, although as I have a 4mimle commute this drops right off if i do a fortnight of just using the car to go to work and back, particularly as im often doing 10mins cold idling to get off the ruddy carpark!

If i put the kitcar and trailer on the back, and drive a-roads, I can make 15mpg a reality!

Daniel
Reply 3
I've just received a new company car: BMW 320d, and I put in £50 and it got me to Shrewsbury and back to Central London on that. Crazy good! That is 320 miles by the way.
Reply 4
I used to own a 1.6 Astra (16v model) and that is very poor consumption. Has the car been serviced recently?
Original post by Né Stig
I've just received a new company car: BMW 320d, and I put in £50 and it got me to Shrewsbury and back to Central London on that. Crazy good! That is 320 miles by the way.

Yeah but that's the new BMW 320d. They are pretty good. Tbh I think I'd get myself a Prius in the future, or the Vauxhall Ampera

BTW, you realise you replied to a troll thread right?
Reply 6
Original post by de_monies
Yeah but that's the new BMW 320d. They are pretty good. Tbh I think I'd get myself a Prius in the future, or the Vauxhall Ampera

BTW, you realise you replied to a troll thread right?

Didn't know the OP was trolling. It seemed viable!

Why get a Prius when the 320d does the same, if not better fuel economy and had a great amount of power I have to say. Comfortable as well; Start/Stop drives me mad though.
Original post by Né Stig
Didn't know the OP was trolling. It seemed viable!

Why get a Prius when the 320d does the same, if not better fuel economy and had a great amount of power I have to say. Comfortable as well; Start/Stop drives me mad though.

Tbh it does, but he seems to register, talk some stuff about his Vauxhall Astra 1.6, talks about his urban Mpg, talks about how he can repair something on a car, and that he *needed* a diploma for it. Rinse and repeat.

Though surely the 320D is diesel and the Prius is petrol (hence cheaper to get the Toyota?)

Does it really? I didn't know that. That being said, just for curiosities sake, I decided to google how much insurance would cost on a brand new BMW 320D and on a brand new Prius

I was quoted £1500 on a brand new Prius and £7000 on a brand new BMW 320D. Go figure

I have stop/start on my Honda Civic hybrid. At first, it did annoy me, but now I really like it - it's VERY useful if you've came to a slowdown on the motorway, or if you're in London
Reply 8
Pretty good :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest