The Student Room Group

Too attached to new boyfriend - help!

I've been dating my boyfriend for about 6 months and we got together about a month after an old long-term (2 and a half years) relationship came to an end - it wasn't a rebound at all, things had been simmering for a while and it just made sense. Come to now and I am completely and utterly smitten/enamoured with him, something I never felt in my last relationship and it is such an amazing feeling. The problem is that I feel like I'm being far too clingy, whilst he has made reference to needing space which I have no problem with, the issue is that when I don't see him of an evening, I just get so bored and moody, plus if I know he is out chilling with friends I get jealous myself! I really need advice on what to do, I am feeling very confused and know I need to wean myself off him a bit to not scare him away but how!?
Reply 1
You say you are jealous when hes out with his friends. Why? You should support him and feel happy for him.

Do you have a group of friends you can hang out with when he's out with his?
I think what you need to do is focus on yourself, maybe pursue a new hobby or spend time catching up with friends/ family. That way it'll keep things interesting between you both and also you'll have more to talk about when you see each other/ you'll enjoy it more! Try and keep busy and don't let on too much that you're missing him :wink: that way he'll appreciate the time he spends with you more!

Quick Reply