The Student Room Group

Can I do the IELTS exam to cover my GCSE English Grades for university?

I hope to study medicine for university but there are some universities who require an A grade for English GCSE. Unfortunatly I have BB for English lang and Eng lit so I was thinking of taking an IELTS exam to cover this.
Am I allowed to do this? In uni's website they mention IELTS for international students, but I did my GCSEs. Would universities appreciate me taking the IELTS exam?
Original post by wndms
I hope to study medicine for university but there are some universities who require an A grade for English GCSE. Unfortunatly I have BB for English lang and Eng lit so I was thinking of taking an IELTS exam to cover this.
Am I allowed to do this? In uni's website they mention IELTS for international students, but I did my GCSEs. Would universities appreciate me taking the IELTS exam?

Are you a non-native speaker of English? If not, IELTS isn't for you.
If you are serious about doing Medicine, then you should simply retake one of the GCSEs. You can do this without taking any classes and just do your own revision. Talk to your school.
Reply 3
Original post by returnmigrant
If you are serious about doing Medicine, then you should simply retake one of the GCSEs. You can do this without taking any classes and just do your own revision. Talk to your school.

I will be applying this september so it'll be too late if I retake my gcse
Original post by wndms
I will be applying this september so it'll be too late if I retake my gcse

You can still retake this coming academic year and the required grade for that GCSE would be included in the conditions of your Offer.
Reply 5
Original post by returnmigrant
You can still retake this coming academic year and the required grade for that GCSE would be included in the conditions of your Offer.

Really? Oh didn't know this. I thought you weren't allowed to apply if you don't have the requirements in the first place.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending