The Student Room Group

Date Ideas

Hello! So I need some help planning out a date (or two, or three). My bf and I are basically in an LDR (going to different unis, he's in the states, I'm in Canada) but for his birthday this year I'm flying him out to me for a week :biggrin: Super excited! But have no idea what to do........ We both love to stay at home and curl up on the couch, watch movies and tv shows, derp around on games etc and I dont mind doing that at all but I'd like to do something special as it's been awhile since we've physically seen each other and it's his first time visiting here. Anyway, I was thinking of maybe going bowling? Then a special dinner one night. But what else can I do? I want to do something fun and memorable and basically just celebrate him being there with me. So guys and girls, PLEASE spare me some of your knowledge! Thank you! :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Hello! So I need some help planning out a date (or two, or three). My bf and I are basically in an LDR (going to different unis, he's in the states, I'm in Canada) but for his birthday this year I'm flying him out to me for a week :biggrin: Super excited! But have no idea what to do........ We both love to stay at home and curl up on the couch, watch movies and tv shows, derp around on games etc and I dont mind doing that at all but I'd like to do something special as it's been awhile since we've physically seen each other and it's his first time visiting here. Anyway, I was thinking of maybe going bowling? Then a special dinner one night. But what else can I do? I want to do something fun and memorable and basically just celebrate him being there with me. So guys and girls, PLEASE spare me some of your knowledge! Thank you! :smile:

Nice weather - perhaps a romantic picnic in the park, it could also be nice if you watch the sunset together (quite memorable)
Do something that you guys have never done before - art class or something is always fun.
Go to a gallery/zoo lol
Reply 2
If theres a beach near you maybe go there?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Paintballing is always fun!
Reply 4
Not much knowledge on the states tbh.
Maybe Niagara falls? Or woods closeby for a nice walk? Or even if you can both afford it a nice hotel for a night or two

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
My top tip is to have a date where a medium focus is on you. FOr example, you don't want to have no focus on you (e.g. at the cinema) and you do not want to have all the focus on you (e.g. at dinner) on a first date.

So, you want something in between the two. Something where you can both relax, talk, but also have something else to focus on if there is a silence you do not know how to fill :smile: FOr example, go to the zoo or a relaxing concert

This way you can take things slowly but also get the results you want :smile:
Reply 6
Thanks so much for the ideas! Zoos! I completely forgot about that one. And paintball sounds like something he would definitely enjoy! The only problem with that I think would be if its any fun with just two people :s-smilie: I'm not ready to show him off to the world yet so not quite comfortable with inviting my friends to join us...

<.<

>.>

As for beaches, there are beaches in the islands we could go to. A picnic + sunset would be nice weather permitting!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending