The Student Room Group

Sixth Form Open Day Questions

Hello there. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this - sorry if it isn't :colondollar:
I've got a Sixth Form Open Day on Tuesday... I haven't been in secondary school at all (was home-schooled for the whole duration) so I'm panicking a lot :frown: I really don't know what to expect.
What actually happens at an Open Day? Do I just turn up at the Sixth Form building? :confused:

Also, I'm not sure what to wear. It's at a Catholic High School so I was wondering if they're likely to have a dress code? I know it's not uniform... Usually on a daily basis I wear shorts, tights and a t-shirt.
I might wear a dress, or a t-shirt, cardigan and jeans? Argh, really not sure.

I don't want this anxiety to stop me from going. I don't know anyone and I'm really shy anyway which doesn't help:/
Please help :confused:
Reply 1
At open days they usually have stand/rooms for different subjects with the subject teachers there. You generally look around these rooms or stands and ask questions about the different subjects for example 'is there any coursework', 'what percentage is each exam worth for the a-level itself?'
Sometimes they have talks usually a few spread across the open day where they'll talk about the sixth form generally, what they believe, what they can provide etc.
Dress code wise, just be casual! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending