The Student Room Group

Consequences of A-Level changes for 3rd year retakers.

Hey,
Apparently there are going to be no A-Level exams in January from 2014 onwards. Does that only affect new students or does it include existing students. For example I just finished my last year at A-Levels and I want to retake one or two modules in 2014. Am I only going to be be able to do that in June?
Reply 1
Help pls
Reply 2
I think you need to check with your college/sixth form. I'm in the year below you, just finished my AS's and i was told that it was my year and below that this new scrapping of january exams would apply to. I'm not 100% sure though as to whether it would apply to your resits.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No January exams from now on. Simple as that.
Reply 4
Original post by chelseafan
No January exams from now on. Simple as that.

It's not really that simple. Usually there is a one year allowance for students who did an old spec to retake modules for that old spec when a new spec is introduced. So, maybe they'll apply this to the January exams too.
Original post by Theworriedone
It's not really that simple. Usually there is a one year allowance for students who did an old spec to retake modules for that old spec when a new spec is introduced. So, maybe they'll apply this to the January exams too.

No. You'll have to take those exams in June.

January exams have been scrapped.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending