The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by cosimakarateman
I don't see your point- most of those I referred to were guilty and locked up, or as in the case of those two pak brits hit by a drone in afganistan- taken out. whether Israeli border force is nice to you or not is irrelevant, there will always be islamist terrorists.

Your arguments are highly logical and sophisticated. I think it would be a waste of my time debating with someone like you.
Damn that sucks. I remember being interrogated for hours when I went to America although they did let me in at the end. I don't really think there's anything wrong with the interrogation because if you look at it from Israel's perspective it does make sense. But, denying you entry is pretty ****ty if there was no evidence suggesting anything.
Israel can refuse entry to anyone if it so wishes, as much as the UK could.

However the treatment you got was atrocious, and no self-respecting country can call itself developed when it treats people so crudely, and I agree Israel itself has a lot to answer for in it's treatment and attitude towards others.

But ever since Zionists started insurgencies against the British mandate and the Arabs living there, Israel has had a trouble relationship with the region, but that is how it goes when one tries to recreated a mythological land and people in a land populated by people that had long moved past them.

Hopefully one day sooner than later the whole Israel situation can be resolved, or if nothing else the holy land gets swallowed by the sea and takes everything that drives men mad with it (to misquote a movie I like).
Original post by Inzamam99
Hey guys. I visited Israel a couple of weeks ago primarily to see Jerusalem. Below is what happened.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/usman-chatta/mayhem-in-tel-aviv-my-experience-in-israel/10200635281577380

Your check-in experiences sound horrendous, but presumably you can see that to some extent their fears are real, in that there plainly are external threats from Islamic countries towards them?

On your googling of 'Israelis are...' and the first word coming up being 'rude', it's worth pointing out that the same comes up for British people.
Reply 44
You must have been aware having a stamp from Pakistan on your passport would have raised an eyebrow or two, didn't you do any homework before going?

If not, you can't really complain, if you visit another country, observe their rules.
Your arguments are highly logical and sophisticated. I think it would be a waste of my time debating with someone like you.

im not entering into a debate im simply explaining the experience you had in israel for you. you didn't seem aware of the political factors that are on going in the 21st century regarding muslims and terrorism.
Hey guys. I visited Israel a couple of weeks ago primarily to see Jerusalem. Below is what happened.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/usman-chatta/mayhem-in-tel-aviv-my-experience-in-israel/10200635281577380

"from Matthew 5:3-12 of the Old Testament" Matthew is in the New Testament...
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 47
you didn't seem aware of the political factors that are on going in the 21st century regarding muslims and terrorism.

I know israel directly approves of al qaeda in Syria.

Your point?
Original post by Rovey
I know israel directly approves of al qaeda in Syria.

Your point?

my point is they wont be inviting any such 'approved al queda' to visit tel aviv for a holiday
Reply 49
HOLY ****!

I met you in Norwich. I can't believe you're Inzamam. Not at all what I was expecting. Well, I was a bit of a prick to you and can't apologise in person as you just finished your last year, so I'll apologise anonymously on here. Sorry bro.

And sorry to hear about what happened to you on your trip to Israel. It's a country on my list of places to travel to one day too. :angry:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 50
my point is they wont be inviting any such 'approved al queda' to visit tel aviv for a holiday

Al Qaeda aren't interested in israel, as confessions from captured terrorists have shown.

Hezbollah and syria are, but then they don't commit suicide bombings.
Reply 51
Original post by Super Cicero
"from Matthew 5:3-12 of the Old Testament" - are you an absolute idiot? Matthew is in the New Testament...

Oh dear now my whole article is invalid.
Reply 52
Original post by B-Man.
HOLY ****!

I met you in Norwich. I can't believe you're Inzamam. Not at all what I was expecting. Well, I was a bit of a prick to you and can't apologise in person as you just finished your last year, so I'll apologise anonymously on here. Sorry bro.

And sorry to hear about what happened to you on your trip to Israel. It's a country on my list of places to travel to one day too. :angry:

It's a good place to visit regardless as long as you can get past the security :wink:

Who are you?! Gimme a hint.
Reply 53
Turkey has been doing the same even worse to Kurds?! when terrorists come into your land, kill people and claim territory surely you would defend your land and your citizens. i think you have totally missed out the point that Turkey and PKK have finally come to an agreement and the Kurds are leaving, not only Kurds actually the PKK consisted of many other ethnic minorities as well.

If you are now going to go on about what happened in Dersim in 1937, yes, that was unacceptable and most Turkish citizens agree with that it was as well.
Original post by Rovey
Al Qaeda aren't interested in israel, as confessions from captured terrorists have shown.

Hezbollah and syria are, but then they don't commit suicide bombings.

bin laden stated many times that israels 'crimes' and US support for, were motives for AQ attacks, as have other AQ leaders. the fact though is sunni Hezbollah hate AQ too (they are fighting each other in Syria) and they have a far more significant prescence in Palestine and lebonan, so AQ were in no position to do anything to Israel. doesn't mean they are buddies. Israel would shoot im sure any suspected islamist in israel, be they shia or sunni- it just so happens iran backed islamists are more of a strategic thereat to Israel.
Original post by Tubis
Turkey has been doing the same even worse to Kurds?! when terrorists come into your land, kill people and claim territory surely you would defend your land and your citizens. i think you have totally missed out the point that Turkey and PKK have finally come to an agreement and the Kurds are leaving, not only Kurds actually the PKK consisted of many other ethnic minorities as well.

If you are now going to go on about what happened in Dersim in 1937, yes, that was unacceptable and most Turkish citizens agree with that it was as well.

The amount of Kurds and Kurdish civilians killed in the conflict with Turkey exceeds that of Palestinian civilians killed by Israel. Despite the validity of Palestinian desires to seek nationhood in their own state, they cannot kill Israeli civilians (which was a favoured tactic for years by Palestinian groups and remains so in Hamas) to reach that end. This also applies to Kurdish groups with regards to Turkey. The PKK and Turkey may well have reached an agreement (I am aware of that fact), but I was talking about recent history.
Reply 56
bin laden stated many times that israels 'crimes' and US support for, were motives for AQ attacks, as have other AQ leaders. the fact though is sunni Hezbollah hate AQ too (they are fighting each other in Syria) and they have a far more significant prescence in Palestine and lebonan, so AQ were in no position to do anything to Israel. doesn't mean they are buddies. Israel would shoot im sure any suspected islamist in israel, be they shia or sunni- it just so happens iran backed islamists are more of a strategic thereat to Israel.

You forgot something - Al Qaeda is an american invention, always has been, always will be.

Bin Laden's just a CIA operative. Nobody even knows if he's dead, the US is not exactly averse to lying which is something we see currently in syria.
Original post by Rovey
You forgot something - Al Qaeda is an american invention, always has been, always will be.

Bin Laden's just a CIA operative. Nobody even knows if he's dead, the US is not exactly averse to lying which is something we see currently in syria.

oh yes? :teehee:
Reply 58
oh yes? :teehee:

Absolutely.

War on Terror is a process of problem/reaction/solution. Create the problem (9/11), get the reaction and then the solution (war on terror).

You don't fight al qaeda to then use them in syria as your footmen.
Original post by Rovey
Absolutely.

War on Terror is a process of problem/reaction/solution. Create the problem (9/11), get the reaction and then the solution (war on terror).

You don't fight al qaeda to then use them in syria as your footmen.
al Qaeda have their own agenda in Syria, it is about killing shias and it has hsitroy going back a millennium, far bigger than current biching about usa/Israel. it simply follows the regular bombings of shia muslims it does in Iraq/afganistan/paksitan

Latest

Trending

Trending