The Student Room Group

Welcome to MUN XIII

Welcome to the 13th Session
of the TSR Model United Nations

I’d like to quickly pay tribute to Birchington for all the hard work he put in as Secretary General and also not thank him for giving me such a tough standard to live up too. :tongue:

Welcome to the TSR Model United Nations the leading place on TSR and maybe even the internet for student international political role play, if you’ve stumbled across this forum then we’d quite like you to stick around. Below are the absolute essentials for joining in the
MUN:

WHAT DO WE DO?

As a member you'd be expected to get into debates on international matters, research your country or UNO's position, write resolutions...generally get involved in MUN life. We don't mind new and inexperienced members, or representing minor countries, which are sometimes the most fun, but we do require people to be active and research well.

STUFF YOU SHOULD READ/CHECK OUT
Newbie FAQ
Available Positions
Buddy Scheme
MUN Charter

HOW CAN YOU JOIN?

It’s really easy; apply to the user group stating which country you would like to represent in the model united nations. I’ll only refuse your request with good grounds and will PM the reasoning to you after refusing it. In terms of practicality of requesting to join the MUN user group, go to My Account Groups and apply to the MUN.

GENERAL RULES

1) Keep in character during debates, nations you represent may hold different opinions to yourself (for example the Iranian rep isn’t going to be militantly pro-gay rights).
2) Stay active we don’t ask a lot but the nature of the MUN does require reps to be actively checking the MUN on a regular basis and posting frequently.
3) Always ask if you need help, mine and Rory’s PM boxes are always open and buddies are available if you need a bit more help getting into the swing of things. And the people round here are friendly so you can probably ask anybody in the chat thread.
4) Enjoy yourself and remember this is a game on the internet this game is about a group of people with a common interest enjoying themselves so keep things civilized and try not to get too caught up in it.
Resources
(placeholder for when I get CA powers and can steal that big list from Birchington's old post :tongue:)

Here's to another MUN Session!
:bl::beer::bl:
First post! Hail the age of TMD (you know you've been immortalised when people refer to you in abbreviation :wink:). I like this page, simplifies things a lot. Good start.
Reply 2
Original post by Cheese_Monster
First post! Hail the age of TMD (you know you've been immortalised when people refer to you in abbreviation :wink:). I like this page, simplifies things a lot. Good start.

At least it's TMD not MD, I'd hate to be done for medical fraud. Also it's pretty heavily based on Birchington's old one so he should get most of the credit really. (especially for the What we do section :ninja:)

RoryS
X

Assuming you have the right magic wand could you sticky this and unsticky Birchington's please? seen as the TSR Gods are yet to make me Dynamo
(edited 10 years ago)
Handover complete!

Hopefully you'll get up and running once the mods work their magic.

I'm sure you'll be excellent, best of luck and have a blast!
Reply 4
The Mad Dog
QFA

Stickies updated.

I can't remember how to change the author of threads as I don't think there's any point of creating all new other stickies for the positions list for example, I shall look into it...
Original post by The Mad Dog

I’d like to quickly pay tribute to Birchington for all the hard work he put in as Secretary General and also not thank him for giving me such a tough standard to live up too. :tongue:

Welcome to the TSR Model United Nations the leading place on TSR and maybe even the internet for student international political role play, if you’ve stumbled across this forum then we’d quite like you to stick around. Below are the absolute essentials for joining in the
MUN:

WHAT DO WE DO?

As a member you'd be expected to get into debates on international matters, research your country or UNO's position, write resolutions...generally get involved in MUN life. We don't mind new and inexperienced members, or representing minor countries, which are sometimes the most fun, but we do require people to be active and research well.

Newbie FAQ
Available Positions
Buddy Scheme
MUN Charter

HOW CAN YOU JOIN?

It’s really easy; apply to the user group stating which country you would like to represent in the model united nations. I’ll only refuse your request with good grounds and will PM the reasoning to you after refusing it. In terms of practicality of requesting to join the MUN user group, go to My Account Groups and apply to the MUN.

GENERAL RULES

1) Keep in character during debates, nations you represent may hold different opinions to yourself (for example the Iranian rep isn’t going to be militantly pro-gay rights).
2) Stay active we don’t ask a lot but the nature of the MUN does require reps to be actively checking the MUN on a regular basis and posting frequently.
3) Always ask if you need help, mine and Rory’s PM boxes are always open and buddies are available if you need a bit more help getting into the swing of things. And the people round here are friendly so you can probably ask anybody in the chat thread.
4) Enjoy yourself and remember this is a game on the internet this game is about a group of people with a common interest enjoying themselves so keep things civilized and try not to get too caught up in it.
Resources
(placeholder for when I get CA powers and can steal that big list from Birchington's old post :tongue:)

Can I recommend when you get Community Assistant powers, that you sticky the MUN chat thread to emulate the MHoC?
Reply 6
Original post by Cheese_Monster
Can I recommend when you get Community Assistant powers, that you sticky the MUN chat thread to emulate the MHoC?

The Mad Dog
QFA

Would you like me to do that?
Reply 7
Welcome to GrammarSchoolBoy, the new representative for Denmark.

GrammarSchoolBoy
Welcome!
Reply 8
Welcome to Losho, the new representative for the United Arab Emirates.

Losho
Welcome
Reply 9
Original post by The Mad Dog

MUN:

WHAT DO WE DO?

Newbie FAQ
Available Positions
Buddy Scheme
MUN Charter

HOW CAN YOU JOIN?

GENERAL RULES

Resources

Congrats to you:smile:
Reply 10
Goodbye to Fool in The Rain who has resigned as representative for Iceland.

Fool In The Rain
Goodybe
Reply 11
Goodbye to kat_allen who has resigned as Trade and Development Officer.

kat_allen
Farewell!
Reply 12
Samual
X

Welcome to Samual our new representative for Estonia.
Reply 13
Welcome to nikkoch our new rep for Austria.

nikkoch
Welcome
Reply 14
Welcome to our new Financial Affairs Officer Cal97g

Cal97g
Welcome
RoryS

QFA

Could you unsticky and lock this please and sticky my thread please? :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by toronto353
Could you unsticky and lock this please and sticky my thread please? :smile: