The Student Room Group

Shy Guy opinions

He is 21 still studying for a degree. I am 24, qualified and working. We both got on so well and went out for 3 months. He said he loved me and it was all so good. After a while he came distant and then he said he doesn't want to lead me on and he doesn't see us in long term cos I am very religious and he is not and also our diets are different. I absolutely love him and when i see him I get the vibe he loves me too, he looks right in my eyes. He is very shy and It was me that did all the chasing and trying to woo him and all. I just don't want to give up on him because I really love him despite me being older but he told me to move on. What do i do? Will he come back??

I am really asking opinion of a shy guy cos I really want to know what he is thinking. Thanks
Reply 1
There's a difference between "generally shy" and "not into you," be sure about which camp he falls into.
Reply 2
Original post by Ezekiella
There's a difference between "generally shy" and "not into you," be sure about which camp he falls into.

How would I be able to tell?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
How would I be able to tell?

I don't want to be mean or anything, but if he's saying he can't see you guys working out in the long term, it doesn't sound like he's too keen. Doesn't mean you're not attractive - some shy guys have a "different", quirky taste from most guys in women. :s-smilie: Do you feel like you're the one putting in all the effort?
Reply 4
I don't want to be mean or anything, but if he's saying he can't see you guys working out in the long term, it doesn't sound like he's too keen. Doesn't mean you're not attractive - some shy guys have a "different", quirky taste from most guys in women. :s-smilie: Do you feel like you're the one putting in all the effort?

That's okay, I am new to all this as I have never been in relationship before. He does make effort with me and he does compliment me. He said age matters and the fact my thinking is different to his, making us incompatible in he;s eyes. He is negative:mad: he doe have low-self esteem but when I am with him I can tell he is into me cos he looks right into my eyes with emotions.
Reply 5
That's okay, I am new to all this as I have never been in relationship before. He does make effort with me and he does compliment me. He said age matters and the fact my thinking is different to his, making us incompatible in he;s eyes. He is negative:mad: he doe have low-self esteem but when I am with him I can tell he is into me cos he looks right into my eyes with emotions.

TBH, I really don't see this working out. If I were you, I'd leave him, forget about him for now and concentrate on finding someone who cares about you more. You'll just be unhappy if you stick with him, he doesn't sounds all that into you from his behaviour. I wouldn't take it personally, though, being a younger guy, shy, and having low-esteem sounds like a recipe for an immature chap who doesn't know what he wants to me.
Reply 6
TBH, I really don't see this working out. If I were you, I'd leave him, forget about him for now and concentrate on finding someone who cares about you more. You'll just be unhappy if you stick with him, he doesn't sounds all that into you from his behaviour. I wouldn't take it personally, though, being a younger guy, shy, and having low-esteem sounds like a recipe for an immature chap who doesn't know what he wants to me.

Guess you are right, but I really love him :heart:.
Reply 7
Guess you are right, but I really love him :heart:.

Like I said I'm honestly not trying to sound harsh here, but don't you love yourself too? It's gonna really hurt you if you keep trying to get someone to change and be "into you" when he obviously isn't sure about it and needs to make his own mind up.

Up to you though :dontknow:
Reply 8
:frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending