The Student Room Group

Will my university hold my place for a year?

I've received a conditional offer from the university of Bristol to study biology and although I have not yet received my results I'm quite sure that I made the grades that I needed to be accepted. If I decided to take a gap year, once I have received my acceptance, will the university hold my place until next year or would I have to reapply?
Reply 1
As you've not asked to defer I'd just ring and see what they can do :smile:
Reply 2
Yeah your best ringing but I think there more than likely going to ask you to apply again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Ellenellen
I've received a conditional offer from the university of Bristol to study biology and although I have not yet received my results I'm quite sure that I made the grades that I needed to be accepted. If I decided to take a gap year, once I have received my acceptance, will the university hold my place until next year or would I have to reapply?

http://www.bris.ac.uk/applicants/deferred-entry.html

I would say ring them up because you may not need to reapply, as soon as possible before the important staff leave. Or wait until results day and tell them you want to refer if you are too late. At least that way they will be able to give the place to someone who wants it this year, or narrowly missed out on Bristol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending