The Student Room Group

Starting at college in september, will people bring up my mistakes and spread rumours

aba
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
I'm being honest here. The mean pathetic ones will. I'm sorry but that's the sad truth. U however, have to use your polite humour to embarrass them or just ignore them.

People will eventually get over it I guess depending on what u did

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
baba
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by hollie199600
really? do you think? it wasn't THAT bad but it was just gossip that spread like wildfire, i was thinking since its such a big college that there will be so many people all with their own pasts and also i'm doing a levels and will only be mingling with such a small minority that maybe no one will care? agh what do i doooooooo

Seriously, don't worry about it. I initially worried about rumour mongers etc. but in reality nobody gives a ****. I mean there might be a person who might mention something vaguely but nobody will care. People tend to be far more mature by now ,and even those that aren't genuinely, tend to forget past events.
Reply 4
really? do you think? it wasn't THAT bad but it was just gossip that spread like wildfire, i was thinking since its such a big college that there will be so many people all with their own pasts and also i'm doing a levels and will only be mingling with such a small minority that maybe no one will care? agh what do i doooooooo

If its not that bad then don't even worry!! People don't really care unless its like sth the tampon girl did lol :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Okay so this year I made a big mistake, embarrassed myself soo badly and basically everyone found out and it was a massive deal and ive been badly bullied as a result. absoltely everyone knows, including other schools etc, basically everyone in my area. i am starting at college in september and i just want to know if anyone can tell me (from past experience) whether these mistakes are brought up in college? like it's a college full of a mix of people from all different schools, and im hoping that everyone will just be looking forward to a fresh start and making new friends. or will people who know me bring up my past and tell their new friends and will it spread and become a massive deal again? i'm so nervous

Did you run off with a teacher?

--It honestly depends on what you did.
Reply 6
-

You took nudes and showed them to someone, didn't you?
Reply 7
I don't want to force it out of you but can you put it into a little bit of perspective as to what happened/how it was such a fuss?

The only thing I think I can relate it to is a video of a girl at school that I know doing something a little bit inappropriate on her bed, and video'd it... It spread like wildfire and literally everyone in town and further knows her as 'The girl from the video'.

I think you're most likely worrying too much though. How would they know it was you?
Doubt anyone will care, besides it definitely won't spread to university so just deal with it for 2 more years.
Reply 9
Nah, I don't feel many people will care what you've done. They've probably even forgotten and consequently won't spread rumours since the cliques they formed in high school may have been dissolved for when they got admitted into college. Therefore I wouldn't worry about it, keep your head up and start afresh. However if they do start, just quash the rumours and stand up for yourself.
Reply 10
She used a hairbrush as a 'sexual device' whilst on omegle. If anyone wants the link PM me.
Reply 11
Original post by mau5
She used a hairbrush as a 'sexual device' whilst on omegle. If anyone wants the link PM me.

Stop trolling.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by mau5

yep definitely, thats definitely what i did!
I'm sure it was the nude photo thing. That **** spreads like wildfire.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending