The Student Room Group

Studying law in french

Hello everyone ! :biggrin:

I'm just completed the european baccaulaureate and I'm currently brainstorming 24h/day about where to study. Unfortunately, I don't know any good french speaking forum about education, so I decided to ask for advice here, in the student room, a forum widely-know for its quality ! :wink:

I've always had some sort of dream to become a politician, or something like that. I hesitated a long time between studying political science and studying law. Now, I've made up my mind: I'm going to study law. "It's more solid", as I often heard when looking for advice, with HIMYM's Marshall "LAWYERED" popping in my head ! But now comes an even more difficult decision: where to study... Here are the different possibilities that I have:
-in Belgium: Université Catholique de Louvain, Université Libre de Bruxelles, Facultés Universitaires de Saint-Louis
-in France: Panthéon Sorbonne University
-in Switzerland: University of Lausanne, University of Geneva

The idea is to do my bachelor in one of these french speaking universities, and then to do my master in some english or german speaking university, hopefully a good one. The idea is to start in a good, but not insanely good university, to get good marks, and then to try to go to one of the best universities :cool: It's as simple as that :rolleyes:

Does anyone know which of these gives the most support to their students in their academic projects, including pursuing their studies abroad ? Has anyone got any insight about any of these universities ?

I currently hesitate mostly between Geneva and Lausanne... Of these two, which one has the better reputation in the english speaking world ? Which one litteraly "sounds" better to your ears ? (it can be a good indicator, I guess :confused:)

Basically, any insight about any of the aforementioned universities is warmly welcomed. It can only help me to choose (or confuse me even more :biggrin:)

Thanks a lot for your advice ! :wink:

Pronostix
Reply 1
Any idea?
How did it work out?
Original post by Anonymous
How did it work out?

This thread is 6 years old and the OP may not be on TSR any more. However their career path sounds exciting, and I hope by now they will be a busy lawyer...
Original post by Oxford Mum
This thread is 6 years old and the OP may not be on TSR any more. However their career path sounds exciting, and I hope by now they will be a busy lawyer...

Yeah I know ahaha. I went down a bit of a rabbit hole with old posts and the OP's life seemed very promising. I hope they're doing well :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest