The Student Room Group

UKCAT 2014 Entry -- Scores Poll

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Cephalosporin
Some universities are not planning on using the SJT this cycle. Research into that. :smile: The only one I know is UEA/Norwich. Although I don't think they are particularly heavy on the UKCAT.

Edit: Apparently Edinburgh takes SJT into account but in the non - academic part of your application. QUB also isn't using SJT this year. You can always try calling up your prospective universities and ask. :smile:

thanks for the help :smile:
UKCAT scores:

VR - 570
QR - 760
AR - 830
DA - 900
SJ - Band 2
Av. - 765 exactly

Is my verbal reasoning going to affect my application? Do some uni's look at each section individually or as a whole (average)?
Looking at UEA, Nottingham and Keele but not sure about others. Some other I'm looking at are Exeter, Leeds, Leicester and handful of others. Not applying to ANY London uni's I don't think.. I want a change of environment :wink:
UKCAT

VR - 810
QR - 590 :frown:
AR - 900
DA - 880
STJ - band 1
Average - 820

Hoping this is good enough for Newcastle, Kings and Warwick grad entry?! After a 4th option if anyone has any ideas?!
:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iamthebananalady
UKCAT

VR - 810
AR - 900
DA - 880
STJ - band 1
Average - 820

Hoping this is good enough for Newcastle, Kings and Warwick grad entry?! After a 4th option if anyone has any ideas?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You know full well that's good enough for anywhere!
Reply 64
UKCAT

VR - 810
AR - 900
DA - 880
STJ - band 1
Average - 820

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your scores and average don't agree.
Original post by MJK91
You know full well that's good enough for anywhere!

I don't know that at all - seen some really good scores kicking about!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by skyhook
Your scores and average don't agree.

Sorry - QR 690

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 67
So I've taken the UKCAT test today and didn't do good as I expected.
Verbal reasoning- 490:mad:
Quantitative reasoning-520
Abstract reasoning-600
Decisional analysis- 750

Situational Judgement - band 3

Is it worth applying for medicine for the 2014 entry??
Original post by Jenciii
So I've taken the UKCAT test today and didn't do good as I expected.
Verbal reasoning- 490:mad:
Quantitative reasoning-520
Abstract reasoning-600
Decisional analysis- 750

Situational Judgement - band 3

Is it worth applying for medicine for the 2014 entry??

OK, so it looks like you've got an average of 590, SJband 3. I can't see that helping any of your applications, especially with the extremely high grades we've seen this year- but not all hope is lost! There's still Bristol, Birmingham, and Liverpool, which do not use the UKCAT, and St. Georges, which only uses it in 'borderline cases'. On top of that, you can always try for the BMAT. Good luck!
Hi, can someone pls help me

done my UKCAT and got:

Av. = 765

VR - 570
QR - 760
AR - 830
DA - 900
SJT - Band 2

ATM, I'm planning to apply to (in order of preference)

Nottingham
UEA
Exeter
Leeds
UEA- biomedical science

My main concern is my fairly low VR score. Will this impede my chances of an interview and offers at the above uni's? particularly nottingham bc they score individual sections...

Thanks a bunch,
UKCAT

VR - 810
AR - 900
DA - 880
STJ - band 1
Average - 820

Posted from TSR Mobile

Check your maths; that comes out as a 795 average.
Original post by UpbeatFungus
Check your maths; that comes out as a 795 average.

That's already been pointed out above... :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
so i've just finished you ukcat, and it honestly was dreadful. is there even any point in applying this year?
VR- 540 -.-
QR- 540 -.-
AR- 830
DA- 810
average of 680
situational judgement- band 1
i was planning on applying to Newcastle and leeds, through partners and access to leeds due to disappointing As results :frown: but now i generally dont know what to do! help :frown:
Reply 73
ukcat scores quite low and average of 590 ..is it even worth applying to university ??
:frown:
Reply 74
Original post by halima610
ukcat scores quite low and average of 590 ..is it even worth applying to university ??
:frown:

what about situational judgement?
Reply 75
hi guys, I really need some advice on my application!

I spent the last month checking out various med schools in UK, and just can't decide where to apply...
The two I really want to go to (Edinburgh and Barts and the London) have really high entry requirements..

my scores from UKCAT:
VR - 520
QR - 620
AR - 900
DA - 880
SJT - Band 2
average - 730

(Also UCAS tariff 720)

Do you think applying to Edinburgh and Barts is worth a try, even though I have 520 in VR?? (I read somewhere that you should have at least 600 in each section)
I was also thinking of St.George's and Keele, maybe..? Any suggestions? :frown:
Reply 76
VR - 470
QR - 720 (didn't have enough time to answer 10 questions)
AR - 830
DA - 840
SJ - band 1

Average: 715.

I've always struggled with VR. As part of my biochemistry undergrad degree I had to produce a scientific report with over 50 reference reports. I got a first in that module which shows that I am capable of reading and interpreting text. It takes me time to get into the swing of the exam too, hence he increasing scores.

Be brutally honest, guys. What are my chances?
Original post by Carlos.D
VR - 470
QR - 720 (didn't have enough time to answer 10 questions)
AR - 830
DA - 840
SJ - band 1

Average: 715.

I've always struggled with VR. As part of my biochemistry undergrad degree I had to produce a scientific report with over 50 reference reports. I got a first in that module which shows that I am capable of reading and interpreting text. It takes me time to get into the swing of the exam too, hence he increasing scores.

Be brutally honest, guys. What are my chances?

Absolutely good chances, just avoid Kings, Newcastle & Imperial and you'll be fine!
Reply 78
Original post by MJK91
Absolutely good chances, just avoid Kings, Newcastle & Imperial and you'll be fine!

Excuse my ignorance, but why should he avoid Kings? 715 isn't a bad score, or so I thought.
Original post by Lazy-
Excuse my ignorance, but why should he avoid Kings? 715 isn't a bad score, or so I thought.

Are you applying for graduate entry? Their cutoff was 730 last year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending