The Student Room Group

Boys - do you like it when a girl wears makeup?

Scroll to see replies

Yes, as long as she doesn't look like she's auditioning for a place on TOWIE then make-up generally makes girls look better. I think the "backlash" against make-up is primarily against girls who wear so much as to be unrecognisable without it.
Reply 61
of course i want women to wear make up. Without make up the majority of women are either average or below average looking.
Reply 62
Original post by im so academic

And what if you're not naturally beautiful? What the **** are you meant to do?

I'm not naturally beautiful. I'm not even decent looking. If I go out without make-up, you will be repulsed by me, won't even talk to me, ignore me etc.

FML.

I didn't say that girls needed to be naturally beautiful to be beautiful did I? I just said that it's more appealing.

As for the second part, it'd really help if you weren't a dude. :smile:
Reply 63
if you poke her cheek and your fingertip disappears, she's wearing too much
Original post by lucine.B
This exactly what i think! I dont look beautiful without make up so i need it, but guys are here saying that they prefer au natural...that just wouldn't work for me.

Exactly, and they have got nothing to respond to that. As if they're just ignoring that us girls like us exist. Funny that, that's exactly what they do in real life.
Original post by orangesandcake
Haha easy dear, there's no need to lambast me for simply expressing my opinion. It's not my fault that you feel the need to smother your face in makeup to feel confident, and yes I do find it "upsetting and sad" to become so reliant and dependent on makeup that you can't even pop to tesco without your warpaint.

Oh get bitchy to the ugly girl right? Is that what you like doing?

Have you ever thought of the reasons why girls feel that it is a necessity to wear make-up?

You have no idea what it's like to be one of us.
Reply 66
Exactly, and they have got nothing to respond to that. As if they're just ignoring that us girls like us exist. Funny that, that's exactly what they do in real life.

IKR!?! They just don't get it!!! They don't seem to understand the insecurities we have and our need for makeup to help us with them. If we feel better with makeup on/more confident or beautiful why shouldn't we wear it! Theres no point even trying to reason with them. I say i ain't gna stop because thats what your prefer! Take me or leave me thats how i see it
Reply 67
I don't understand makeup, in terms of only being seen with makeup to hide your face as it is naturally, that cannot be upheld all the time surely, I would much rather prefer anyone I was with romantically to know what I looked like naturally from the offset so I know that they are attracted to me and not a face I have bought from the makeup counter.
Original post by Ras17
I didn't say that girls needed to be naturally beautiful to be beautiful did I? I just said that it's more appealing.

As for the second part, it'd really help if you weren't a dude. :smile:

Make-up or no make-up, I'm not pretty. I'm screwed either way.
IKR!?! They just don't get it!!! They don't seem to understand the insecurities we have and our need for makeup to help us with them. If we feel better with makeup on/more confident or beautiful why shouldn't we wear it! Theres no point even trying to reason with them. I say i ain't gna stop because thats what your prefer! Take me or leave me thats how i see it

In my case, I've been left for so long that if I want to get any sort of male validation, I need to be beautiful. This is not easy to do.
Reply 70
In my case, I've been left for so long that if I want to get any sort of male validation, I need to be beautiful. This is not easy to do.

I get what you mean. I've been single for a year now and i just feel...i mean its well hard! To get any attention you need to be smoking hot-which is so difficult!
Reply 71
No make up is best. You dont need it, youll look beautiful without it, just have some self confidence. Seen some posting saying its to hide acne etc, but guys get along fine without make up to hide it? make up screws up the skin, and in a lot of cases, doesnt actually improve how you look...
If subtle yes
EDIT : but these buttaz girls with no natural beauty who slap makeup on their faces everyday... We can see right through your makeup and it don't hide NUTTIN

Posted from TSR iPad. Don't judge me by my red gems
Reply 73
Original post by Iron Lady
Or just ignore it? They're not responsible if people can't see that they're being airbrushed and therefore perfect skin is not the norm or requirement. I felt self-conscious when I was like 11 at seeing celebrities (and girls in my class actually) much smaller than I was, then I grew up and realised I'm fine the way I am.

Something doesn't need to be normal if it's right for you.

You see, I think your mentality is good, but many women do not think the way you do. So, they wear makeup, and feel very insecure. Speak to your female friends, how many of them are as confident as you are?
Reply 74
I get what you mean. I've been single for a year now and i just feel...i mean its well hard! To get any attention you need to be smoking hot-which is so difficult!

1) Not true

2) what even is 'smoking hot'? It's all subjective, there are bound to be people out there who like what you have to offer. That's just how humans reproduce.

Keep trying.
Original post by Emma122
I don't understand makeup, in terms of only being seen with makeup to hide your face as it is naturally, that cannot be upheld all the time surely, I would much rather prefer anyone I was with romantically to know what I looked like naturally from the offset so I know that they are attracted to me and not a face I have bought from the makeup counter.

It's no more hiding your face then wearing a bra is hiding what your boobs naturally look like or wearing any flattering clothes is hiding what you look like. So unless you wear a bag, or walk around naked, I don't see how it is any different...
Original post by Sheldor
What about c) lazy? I've been told/can see that my skin is naturally clear/smooth and I like its tone, so I don't see any point in foundation/cover up, my cheeks already have red undertones I'm happy with so I don't wear blusher, I like my eyebrows and lashes and I can't be bothered to wear eyeshadow. I've got nobody I want to impress at my school either, so it's a case of me being happy with my looks and not wanting to spend money on makeup except for special occasions.

I do admit, my happiness may be misplaced as I've no idea if I do infact actually look like the arse end of a dog to other people and I just have weird standards of normalacy.

It is not about impressing people but representing how you feel, and as for the last bit - you and 99% of girls who don't wear makeup say that. Many think that there is simply no point as it won't help.....which is rubbish as it always helps.
Original post by Jimbo1234
It is not about impressing people but representing how you feel, and as for the last bit - you and 99% of girls who don't wear makeup say that. Many think that there is simply no point as it won't help.....which is rubbish as it always helps.

I know it would help, obviously, it's just that I'm happy with my face as it is and I don't see much point in covering it up/changing it. It may make me look prettier but that's not really something I'm bothered about facially. Stuff like working out and playing sports is fun and healthy, and I enjoy putting on nice clothes.(gives me more confidence, it's fun etc.) Makeup doesn't have the same effect on me-if I do wear it, it's because I'm actively trying to impress, eg at a Leavers Ball, or somewhere that I need to look my best, eg interning somewhere.

Meh, I don't see what things other girls say have to do with it, but thanks for the info I guess. It is my honest opinion though-looking at pictures of myself, in the mirror, I'm happy with what I see. It's not in a way of me seeing myself as naturally perfect, more me having gotten over my insecurities.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh get bitchy to the ugly girl right? Is that what you like doing? Have you ever thought of the reasons why girls feel that it is a necessity to wear make-up? You have no idea what it's like to be one of us.
I'm not implying that ANYONE is ugly as I'm very sure you're beautiful. I was just defending myself as you completely lambasted me for expressing my opinion. Whether you wear makeup is your choice and I'm sorry if I made you feel as though you shouldn't wear it. It was just my opinion. and P.S I'm sure you look lovely whether you have makeup or not. Just because I don't wear makeup does not mean I'm beautiful as I most definitely am NOT hahah, it just means I'm a lazy sod.
A little bit is nice, just as long as she doesn't cake herself in it! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest