The Student Room Group

I can't stop thinking about this teacher at school what should I do ??

So basically there's this teacher at school and I can't stop thinking about him and its not like I fancy him,he's gay btw and so I don't know why I seem to be so fascinated by him,and well I'm in his lesson I always try and impress him by doing well in tests and finishing work quickly.I be had him since September but it wasn't till around Christmas time that I started to become more interested in him and I can't figure out why it all started to be honest but I have one possible explanation...we were given this mock exam and I didn't want to fail it so the day before the test I basically revised the whole mark scheme and so when we got them back I wasn't at all surprised to find out that I'd got 52/60,and when the teacher gave me my test back he had a chat with me really close-up and said "without swearing you've done brilliantly on this test" and then he asked me whether I'd seen the paper before and I had to lie right in front of him and say"no I just revised" and so maybe ever since that lesson I've be trying to prove myself to him that I am just generally really clever,but it could be something completely different as he's been in a dream recently where he said I'd done really well in this other exam and so maybe I do have feelings for him....advice please ??!!

Scroll to see replies

Any ideas to keep my mind of him as I was out shopping today and I was worrying that I would bump in to him and that it would be really awkward which I know sounds ridiculous but my friend saw him in the same place a while back and so I was getting paranoid that he was going to be there again :/
Someone please help me ! :smile:
Reply 3
Dont bump twice in 10 minutes
Original post by ryanb97
Dont bump twice in 10 minutes

I really need some advice though its getting more frequent now all the thoughts and feelings towards him
I don't see anything wrong with it to be honest, if what you did (cheating in that test) is motivating you to work harder than it can only be a good thing. It's probably cause you don't want to let him down and want to keep getting a excellent comments from him or/and the fact you're feeling guilty that you lied to him and you constantly feel like you have to show him that it wasn't a one off (getting a good mark). And you're dreams are to do with exams/tests so I don't think you have feelings for him (meaning you like/love him) so chill!
Reply 6
First of all, it might be his personality that your attracted to and want to find out more from him, when you do well in his tests, do you find his praises of your success nice towards you? It may be that you want more praises from that certain teacher, because he might do it better then others.

It could be his personality, you might really want to do well for him because he is a nice guy, I think these feelings might die down if you switch teachers after the Summer Holidays.

I got a teacher I want to do well for, because I feel as if he cares about my learning, he's a great guy to, so don't worry about having 'feelings' for your teacher.

P.S : I know this might seem well off, but any urges or desires, DON'T do anything stupid, don't risk his career and his reputation because you like'd him, he's a professional and anything stupid could lead to his downfall.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by IMRUBBISHATJAVA
So basically there's this teacher at school and I can't stop thinking about him and its not like I fancy him,he's gay btw and so I don't know why I seem to be so fascinated by him,and well I'm in his lesson I always try and impress him by doing well in tests and finishing work quickly.I be had him since September but it wasn't till around Christmas time that I started to become more interested in him and I can't figure out why it all started to be honest but I have one possible explanation...we were given this mock exam and I didn't want to fail it so the day before the test I basically revised the whole mark scheme and so when we got them back I wasn't at all surprised to find out that I'd got 52/60,and when the teacher gave me my test back he had a chat with me really close-up and said "without swearing you've done brilliantly on this test" and then he asked me whether I'd seen the paper before and I had to lie right in front of him and say"no I just revised" and so maybe ever since that lesson I've be trying to prove myself to him that I am just generally really clever,but it could be something completely different as he's been in a dream recently where he said I'd done really well in this other exam and so maybe I do have feelings for him....advice please ??!!

Honestly, been there, done that. Ahaha I liked my English teacher in my last year of school.. like you, all of a sudden I had this fascination with him and in the end yes, I had a crush on him. That school crush soon goes honestly. It's seriously just a faze. Maybe you do have a crush on him. But obviously, you can't act upon this. And plus, he's gay so there's no going there anyways :P hehe
Reply 8
Humans seek approval, it's just our nature. So it seems you've correctly identified why you're trying to seek his approval (the aforementioned test).

When I want to stop thinking about someone or something either I try and keep busy or I associate negative things with that thought and I will gradually stop thinking about it. These are the only things I've found to work for me.

Good luck.
Original post by poiuytrewq54321
I don't see anything wrong with it to be honest, if what you did (cheating in that test) is motivating you to work harder than it can only be a good thing. It's probably cause you don't want to let him down and want to keep getting a excellent comments from him or/and the fact you're feeling guilty that you lied to him and you constantly feel like you have to show him that it wasn't a one off (getting a good mark). And you're dreams are to do with exams/tests so I don't think you have feelings for him (meaning you like/love him) so chill!

Yeh I think that must be the reason why I keep on wanting to impress him but I'm not sure whether the worries I'm having about seeing him outside of school are related to the same feelings....I'll try and child over the summer holidays and try and forget about the feelings I had towards him but the problem if I'm definetly having him next year and from September every test we do if we don't get our target grade in it (mines am A) then we have to come back after school to redo the test so I'm worried that this is going to just make me more obsessed over him than before as I have to constantly impress him by getting a really good mark otherwise I will have to come back after school but if I like him in a different way then seeing him after school will no doubt make me think about him even more so I've got to keep impressing him....Im planing on going to a different sixth form but recently I've been thinking that staying at my current school might make me happier and I'm not sure whether its because I want to carry on impressing that teacher as he teaches what I want to study at A-level It sounds so stupid but I just can't help it !!
Original post by Pendulum3
First of all, it might be his personality that your attracted to and want to find out more from him, when you do well in his tests, do you find his praises of your success nice towards you? It may be that you want more praises from that certain teacher, because he might do it better then others.

It could be his personality, you might really want to do well for him because he is a nice guy, I think these feelings might die down if you switch teachers after the Summer Holidays.

I got a teacher I want to do well for, because I feel as if he cares about my learning, he's a great guy to, so don't worry about having 'feelings' for your teacher.

P.S : I know this might seem well off, but any urges or desires, DON'T do anything stupid, don't risk his career and his reputation because you like'd him, he's a professional and anything stupid could lead to his downfall.

Yeh he is a really nice person and when he praises you he does it in a really nice way and makes you feel really good about yourself and also when he gives out the exams we do in class he always says who got the highest mark and recently I keep on getting the highest marks in the tests whereas before I used to get maybe the 4th or 5th highest and so I think that I'm actually deliberately trying harder at home and in his lessons so that I can be publicly recognised as being the 'best' in front of everyone in my class as it makes me feel really good about myself.I do think he has a really good personality as well as he's really laid back and because he's gay I think it means he treats the boys and the girls the same way if you get what I mean which no other teacher does,the other problem I have is that I hand around day break at lunch near the classroom where he teaches and we always see him going out to have a cigarette and I always try and not look at him as I feel really awkward when I do and if I see him walking around the school I always change where I'm walking so that I'm not too close to him as again. I I feel really awkward if I'm near him :/
Original post by Bratterz_xoxo
Honestly, been there, done that. Ahaha I liked my English teacher in my last year of school.. like you, all of a sudden I had this fascination with him and in the end yes, I had a crush on him. That school crush soon goes honestly. It's seriously just a faze. Maybe you do have a crush on him. But obviously, you can't act upon this. And plus, he's gay so there's no going there anyways :P hehe

Good to know I'm not the only one and the english teacher I'm having next year is this really hot bloke I have for fiom studies so I'm probably be fantasising over him and the gay teacher...I think the fact that he's gay makes my feelings stronger towards him as I know he would never fancy me so its like I have to out in extra effort in order for him to like me. before this exam in June he said to me In private are you going to ace this test and I said I hope so and then he said that I'd done really well this year and that he had no worries about me and because he said that I felt really special and like I was his favourite student and so this makes me determined to impress him next year when I have him so that when It comes to the exams I will receive similar comments again...he's the only teacher that actually seems to care about how well we do as when we was getting our results back for he Jan exam we did he was really nervous about it,probably more nervous than some if us and so I really wanted to do well to make him happy and I did that as I got the only A* in the whole if our year but tbh I wanted him to make more of a big thing about it but he didn't and I don't think he even said well done to me whereas he was congratulating all the people that got C and B's as they struggle more than me and so I was a but annoyed about that and so now I know that I need to work extra harder in order to impress him again to the punt where he has a personal chat with me about how well I've done as I feel so happy when he comes over to me. another issue I have is that I never out my hand up to answer questions I'm case I get the answer wrong as I'm worried that he will think less of me if I get these wrongs also when he comes over to our table when we are working he asks questions and I tend to just blurt out answers which are usually wrong with outs thinking and so I feel like a complete idiot afterwards and that I've let him down,and I always worry that this will happen every lesson and so I get quite nervous sometimes
Original post by Enigma55
Humans seek approval, it's just our nature. So it seems you've correctly identified why you're trying to seek his approval (the aforementioned test).

When I want to stop thinking about someone or something either I try and keep busy or I associate negative things with that thought and I will gradually stop thinking about it. These are the only things I've found to work for me.

Good luck.

Oh ok I will try nd use this techniques over the summer holidays so that when I come to have him again in September I won't be so obsessed with him meaning I can feel more relaxed in his lessons for once ,as sometimes when we are doing the tests in class he walks round looking at our answers and my legs actually start shaking as I must admit I cheat on tests quite a lot as I want to impress him and so I get really nervous that he might realise I'm cheating which I know is silly as he would never find out and I told him before that I don't cheat I just revise and so I don't think he will accuse me if cheating again...
Thanks for all the advice so far guys I really appreciate it :smile:
Well, if it's making you do well in class then roll with it. Unless your work in other classes is suffering?
Original post by WoodyMKC
Well, if it's making you do well in class then roll with it. Unless your work in other classes is suffering?

Yeh I suppose as ever since the feelings started Ive got the highest mark on every single test we've done in class,which is around 5 tests ! And I got the highest grade in the jan exam and I'm 99.9% sure I've done the best in the June retakes as well so I couldn't be happier and I think that if I didn't have him as a teacher then I wouldn't be so determined to do well so I would probably be a whole grade lower if it wasn't down to his nice motivational comments :smile: and no my other work in class isn't suffering but in the lesson before we have him I always sit there waiting of the time to hurry up as I really enjoy his lessons not that I would tell anyone else that though...it was really awkward though as this girl said to me that I always laugh at his jokes in lessons and so I might be making it a bit too obvious that I like him so I need to try and keep my feelings to myself a bit more...
I'm still thinking about him it makes it worse that I don't have him tommorow as it means I have to wait longer so see him up close !!
Reply 17
Original post by IMRUBBISHATJAVA

We all go through this at some point in school, there is nothing to worry about, although it may not seem like it now, you will eventually get over it. At least you didn't do anything stupid, like throw yourself on/at him
Original post by Alex360
We all go through this at some point in school, there is nothing to worry about, although it may not seem like it now, you will eventually get over it. At least you didn't do anything stupid, like throw yourself on/at him

Yeh I would never make a move on him and he's gay anyway so there's no chance it could develop into something proper :/
I'm getting really excited as I think I have him tommorow omg I can't wait I saw him earlier in assembly and I couldn't look up as I felt awkward if I made eye contact with him !!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending