The Student Room Group

Fell for a girl at the first time at the age of 23

Hello everyone,

Before I mention my current situation I will begin by saying that I am 23 years old and never before in my life have I been attracted so much to a girl. Of course I have had small crushes on girls before but only based on sexual desires that went away very fast and easily. I am very picky regarding the type of people that I am close with (both friends and girlfriends). The thing is that I am highly attracted to people that work hard, have big dreams and also take care of their health and body. Even though a good person that doesn’t have these qualities could still qualify as my friend, would definitely not qualify as a girlfriend.

I could describe myself as a very hard working person (in a degree that it heavily damages my social life, and I believe this will hardly change for the next 3 years since I am beginning a PhD in an area of physics). On top of that, I am trying to follow healthy habits, work out regularly, do sports and learn guitar, etc. Being so absorbed in all these stuff, I have never really pursued getting a girlfriend (although I have a fair amount of friends that I consider as my brothers, so it’s not like I am a lonely person) and to be honest, as I mentioned before, I have never really met a girl before that I really liked. As a result I have never even kissed a girl (I don’t really care about having sex as long as it’s not the right person for me). To end this, as I am a person with big dreams, I want to share my life with a person of a similar resolve.

Back to the current situation, recently a very cute and intelligent girl moved in my flat at the University halls but she is only staying for a short period of time. During the last few weeks I got to know her a little bit and I have to say that she easily is qualifies the standards I mentioned above (although I can’t know for sure without actually dating her, but I am usually very good at reading people). The thing is that I feel like I fell in love with this girl (never felt like that before, not even close) and I have to say it feels like crap. The reason for that is that she has a boyfriend and I am not the kind of person that would ever even think trying to get in between two people.

Out of the many girls I have met my entire life she was the first one that made me feel like that. So my question is how do I get over her and how can I meet another girl with such high qualities (big dreams, hardworking, healthy and sporty and very beautiful at the same time, xD asking for too much aren’t I)…
Original post by Anonymous

Out of the many girls I have met my entire life she was the first one that made me feel like that. So my question is how do I get over her and how can I meet another girl with such high qualities (big dreams, hardworking, healthy and sporty and very beautiful at the same time, xD asking for too much aren’t I)…

Oh noo, not at all.
Reply 2
Original post by Hellz_Bellz!
Oh noo, not at all.

Hells bells, AC/DC reference? Anyway… xD

Yes I might be asking for way to much but let’s face it, having big dreams and fighting for them is not as hard as it sounds. Of course in order to achieve them someone much have both mental discipline and a strong and healthy body (most people seem to ignore the second part though lol) which in turn supports the health of your mind. But I do understand that adding the part of the person being beautiful is kind of overkill (when I say beautiful I don’t really mean a model btw… just a nice looking girl), even though a healthy way of life helps a lot on that matter. But you know to me it’s kind of like a chain (minus the beautiful part) usually if you luck one of these characteristics you can’t really be successful in the other.
Reply 3
Original post by Hellz_Bellz!
Oh noo, not at all.

How is he asking for too much? It seems perfectly reasonable to be attracted to people with those qualities, they aren't uncommon. Women often demand far more.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending