The Student Room Group

Current Dental Students on TSR

I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread which listed the dental school location and year of current Student Room users. This would give perspective applicants the chance to see where current users are and ask specific users questions relating to the university they study at!

It would also be a thread where current students can talk to other dental students from other universities :smile:

If you would be interested in being on the list of members below either comment in this thread or send me a PM, with the year you started and where you study.

Barts and The London
Started 2012: Kartace

Birmingham

Bristol

Cardiff

Dundee

Glasgow
5th year: fuzzycloud

Kings College London
Started 2010 (4 year course): kt-nguyen
BDS 4: splitstriker
BDS 3: matadesilva

Leeds

Liverpool

Manchester

Newcastle
Started 2012: orange.bananna

Plymouth

Queen's University Belfast
3rd year: Jitesh123

Sheffield
Started 2011: rockinaway
3rd year: FoOtYdUdE
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I started in 2010 @ KCL, and I've just started my final year now
Reply 2
Innn sup
Original post by bertstare
Innn sup

hi, which dental school are you at?
Reply 4
2nd Year at Sheffield :smile:
Reply 5
started 2012 at barts
Bds 4 kcl :smile:
Reply 7
3rd year dental student at Sheffield.
Reply 8
5th year Glasgow!
Reply 9
Why isn't UCL on the list ?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Mayoshka
Why isn't UCL on the list ?

I'd only included the undergraduate dental schools in the list. As it's mainly undergraduate students who use this site. I can add in postgraduate schools if there are students on here though :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by orange.bananna
I'd only included the undergraduate dental schools in the list. As it's mainly undergraduate students who use this site. I can add in postgraduate schools if there are students on here though :smile:

Oh ok thanks!

if anyone knows any forums for postgrad in UK please do share! :smile:
Reply 12
hi. final year dental student in india. just wanted to know how things function in dental schools in other countries. :smile:
Reply 13
im not sure which forum to post in but...last year I applied to study dentistry and put manchester as my firm choice but didn't get the grades. I found out today that the grades for repeats go up to an A* in either bio and chem, and two A's. has anyone got in this year who repeated and got in without an A* and two A's, and if so what grades did you get?
Reply 14
3rd year QUB, fam!
Lemme know if there's anything you'd want/need to know!
Reply 15
Original post by Jitesh123
3rd year QUB, fam!
Lemme know if there's anything you'd want/need to know!

Hey could you read my PS and see if its good enough?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Hi I would like to know how busy is your timetable in dentistry how many hours of lectures, practical s and lab a week and is it the same in all unis?
Original post by Newdent
Hi I would like to know how busy is your timetable in dentistry how many hours of lectures, practical s and lab a week and is it the same in all unis?

It varies between universities and between year groups. At Newcastle your timetable also changes weekly - so it's hard to answer. You probably average 12 lectures a week and then 2 or 3 practical's and then seminars as well. But some weeks you might have loads of lectures and no practical's, so I can't really give you an exact answer.
Reply 18
Thanks really helpful.. CAN U GUIDE ME THRU WHICH ROUTE I COULD APPLY IN UK . I M AN ASIAN RESIDENT . . & ALSO HOW MUCH YEARS ONE HAS TO STUDY FOR DDS AND SPECIALIZATION PROGRAMS ??
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Asma ahmed
Thanks really helpful.. CAN U GUIDE ME THRU WHICH ROUTE I COULD APPLY IN UK . I M AN ASIAN RESIDENT . . & ALSO HOW MUCH YEARS ONE HAS TO STUDY FOR DDS AND SPECIALIZATION PROGRAMS ??

Sorry I'm not sure about the international application route - hopefully someone on here will be able to answer your questions though :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest