The Student Room Group

UKCAT cut off scores for interview invite?

is there somewhere on this site where i can find information about the minimum scores needed to be invited for interview? i'm sure i've found it somewhere in the site in the past but i can't find it now.

i've just taken the ukcat: VR 590, QR 760, AR 700, DA 710 and im pretty concerned that my butchered verbal reasoning section is going to prevent me getting to the interview stage. can anyone shed any light on this? i can handle the truth.

I'm a graduate but i think i'd also be applying for one or two spots via the undergrad route.
Original post by antimony51
is there somewhere on this site where i can find information about the minimum scores needed to be invited for interview? i'm sure i've found it somewhere in the site in the past but i can't find it now.

i've just taken the ukcat: VR 590, QR 760, AR 700, DA 710 and im pretty concerned that my butchered verbal reasoning section is going to prevent me getting to the interview stage. can anyone shed any light on this? i can handle the truth.

I'm a graduate but i think i'd also be applying for one or two spots via the undergrad route.

You could apply to Warwick and Southampton. Maybe Barts if they have a low cut-off but last year it was pretty high. Bear in mind though that your personal statement will be the greatest influence on them inviting you to interview -- people have been rejected without interview with high UKCATs before.

Have you checked the finance situation for grad-entry 5 year? It's pretty much non-existence; you need to fund 4 years of £9000 tuition fees.
Reply 3
thanks for the advice - i think im going to have to apply for a bank loan no matter what. ive also got some personal savings and my parents are willing to put some money towards my tuition if absolutely necessary. with an average of 690 it seems the only uni that im really out of the running for is imperial, who require an even spread across the subtests; a pity as i wanted to apply there. barts is my ideal choice though and i don't seem to be out of the running for them quite yet.
x

I know at Imperial (GEM) for last year, they used a cut-off of 640 in each section
thanks for the advice - i think im going to have to apply for a bank loan no matter what. ive also got some personal savings and my parents are willing to put some money towards my tuition if absolutely necessary. with an average of 690 it seems the only uni that im really out of the running for is imperial, who require an even spread across the subtests; a pity as i wanted to apply there. barts is my ideal choice though and i don't seem to be out of the running for them quite yet.

I'd say you can't apply to any of the London UKCAT unis or Newcastle. They all have cutoffs above 700 these days, I think Barts was 705 or something last year? Other than that you can probably choose :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending