The Student Room Group

Are all women capable of achieving a small waist?

My waist is average but want it to be really small. Im a size 10 uk and want to lose weight and get a tiny waist. Is it genetic and how do i achieve it??

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Voltozonic
I'm going to blow my brains out if I don't stop seeing these threads.

Well, you are in the 'Fitness' section...
What do you define as an 'average' waist?
Size 10 is slim anyway so I'm wondering if you are trying to get even slimmer as you say or are you trying to get the hourglass figure (tiny waist in comparison to the rest)which you infer? If you are aiming to get slimmer in general then it's possible, if you are trying to get a curve where you haven't naturally got one then probably not without putting on weight (to make elsewhere bigger in comparison) or corset training.
You can lose weight to a certain extent but genetics play a role as well. I wouldn't worry about it if you're average as you say, it's probably all in your head.
Reply 5
Original post by bubblyraindrop
Yeah it can be achieved, hula hooping is a great way to achieve it and pilates/zumba.

Posted from TSR Mobile

And how exactly does that reduce the waist specifically?
I don't think it's possible without proper corset training as it is bone/muscle structure that creates a small waist plus a genetic predisposition.
Tightlacing it is.
Reply 8
Original post by HopefulMidwife
I don't think it's possible without proper corset training as it is bone/muscle structure that creates a small waist plus a genetic predisposition.

Kinda true, but also perception helps. If you have a bigger upper and bigger bottom then people perceive you to have a thin waist.

This is gonna sound stupid but it is true - suck in your stomach as you walk. It's a running tip that also works when walking it adds tone to your stomach (for women) because w women wiggle when we walk. I dunno why I do it - it's just something I've done since I was a kid but its only recently I found out its a real excercise tip to add tone to your waistline.
i havent got a big bum at all so the hourglass figure is not an option. if i lose weight overall ( i want to become 8 stone) will my waist get smaller?
Reply 10
Original post by Secretnerd123
i havent got a big bum at all so the hourglass figure is not an option. if i lose weight overall ( i want to become 8 stone) will my waist get smaller?

Your waist will probably get a bit smaller (although targeting a specific area for fat loss is impossible).

It doesn't sound like you're overweight at all. Losing another two stone (as you said in another thread) might leave you underweight and quite bony. If your bum is fairly small already, do you really want to lose much more weight? :colondollar:

It's likely to, so if you want to be smaller all over (boobs, butt, stomach, etc) then you're answer is yes. If you are only interested in the waist then it may not make it appear any smaller because in comparison so is everything else and you'll be less curvy. It also depends on genetics, some parts won't change no matter how much weight you lose.
Reply 12
I don't know why you people are actually giving suggestions to her - this sort of attitude cannot possibly be healthy at all.
Reply 13
I don't really care for small waists so long as you have a big ass.
@OP

You can achieve it only if you are not by birth having a broad pelvic bone.
As like other things the pelvic bone and shape also differs in humans, some have broader one and some have the slimmest, so the point is you can become slim and reduce it to its basic size and there is not much you can do beyond that (naturally).
Reply 15
My waist is average but want it to be really small. Im a size 10 uk and want to lose weight and get a tiny waist. Is it generic and how do i achieve it??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Concentrate on making your butt bigger by doing leg exercises such as squats and lunges.
What body shape are you? I'm an apple- weight around the middle- and would never be able to get below a 29 inch waist. I have no bum at all though!
Reply 17

Since when does having a big bum mean you're an hourglass? An hourglass is about your chest, waist, and hip ratio.
If you loose weight you're waist should get smaller, are you top heavy?
Original post by pandabird
Since when does having a big bum mean you're an hourglass? An hourglass is about your chest, waist, and hip ratio.
If you loose weight you're waist should get smaller, are you top heavy?

Yeah im heavier at the top :frown:
Original post by HopefulMidwife

what is corset training?

Quick Reply

Latest