The Student Room Group

Are all women capable of achieving a small waist?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kerch
As long as you don't try and claim men are the ones creating the pressure to look like that.

I think society does pressure women to look a certain way.

However my preference for a small waist is nothing to do with society, in fact it's a more alternative thing than conventional attractiveness

Dita_Von_Teese_Corset.jpg
This is what I'm on about, I don't think anyone's ever said that's men making women look that way?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 41
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
What the **** does that mean?

My daughter, you need to focus on

your ass and your tits make them bigger

Without surgery (this is an absolute faux pas)

Do not listen to these people listen to alpha males and what they want.

The above quote referring to OP compliments your earlier quote. Madam
Original post by CJKay
8 might not be unhealthy (I'm pretty sure 6 is), but "I am an average size 10 and I want to be tiny".
That, to me, is kind of scary.

Wow. You're pretty sure I'm unhealthy are you?
Reply 43
What's up with all the morons on here going on about how OP shouldn't feel pressure to conform (i.e. she should conform to their view of what's attractive, instead?) I forgot women weren't allowed to try to look the way they want to. :rolleyes:

To answer your question, OP, if you have any fat around your waist losing weight is an obvious solution. You won't be able to lose fat in that area specifically (Google spot reduction), but it will definitely give you a more "hourglass" shaped appearance.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Boxiylix
The above quote referring to OP compliments your earlier quote. Madam

Not really, you're just saying make your boobs and bum bigger without surgery which is impossible
Reply 45
Original post by FridayI'mInLove
Wow. Douchebag, You're pretty sure I'm unhealthy are you?

"I'm pretty sure size 6 is unhealthy" doesn't translate to "FridayI'mInLove, you're unhealthy", it translates to "I think size 6 is unhealthy, but I could be wrong".
Overreaction, much?
Reply 46
Wag1 in here?
Original post by CJKay
"I'm pretty sure size 6 is unhealthy" doesn't translate to "FridayI'mInLove, you're unhealthy", it translates to "I think size 6 is unhealthy, but I could be wrong".
Overreaction, much?

Not at all. You saying you're pretty sure size 6 is unhealthy directly translates to you being pretty sue I, as someone who wears a size 6, is unhealthy. You shouldn't speak of what you don't know CJ!
Reply 48
Because you want to be different to the average. Because having a small waist is attractive.

I have a small waist, especially for my frame, and I love cinching it in because it looks dramatic and awesome. If I didn't have a small waist I would definitely be tightlacing

Having a size 10 waist is also attractive, and I am unable to think of any reason why somebody would feel the need to go up or down or between those points. On top of that, "small" is not "tiny".

Which sounds more like she's got some self-confidence issues - "I have a size 10 waist but I'd like to be a bit smaller" or "I have a size 10 waist but I want to be tiny"?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by CJKay
8 might not be unhealthy (I'm pretty sure 6 is), but "I am an average size 10 and I want to be tiny".
That, to me, is kind of scary.

I'm a size 6 (albeit with size 8 hips) and I'm perfectly healthy. Not all of us have to starve ourselves to get to this size, believe it or not some of us are naturally slim.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 50
Not at all. You saying you're pretty sure size 6 is unhealthy directly translates to you being pretty sue I, as someone who wears a size 6, is unhealthy. You shouldn't speak of what you don't know CJ!

I am more certain of what I know to be the meaning of what I said than your interpretation of what I said, thanks.
Original post by CJKay
Having a 10" waist is also attractive, and I am unable to think of any reason why somebody would feel the need to go up or down or between those points. On top of that, "small" is not "tiny".

Which sounds more like she's got some self-confidence issues - "I have a 10" waist but I'd like to be a bit smaller" or "I have a 10" waist but I want to be tiny"?

Because it might not be to your own tastes. She might have a small boobs and ass and wants to look more proportioned. Depends what you mean by "tiny". Size 8 clothing is often too big for my waist, in comparison to the rest of my body that's pretty tiny. Add in a steelboned corset and I look cartoonish. And that's the look I love. There's nothing wrong with it at all.

I think she meant tiny as a description and not by claiming a size 10 waist is big=
Reply 52
Because it might not be to your own tastes. She might have a small boobs and ass and wants to look more proportioned. Depends what you mean by "tiny". Size 8 clothing is often too big for my waist, in comparison to the rest of my body that's pretty tiny. Add in a steelboned corset and I look cartoonish. And that's the look I love. There's nothing wrong with it at all.

I think she meant tiny as a description and not by claiming a size 10 waist is big=

Well, then that is a difference between how we read the original post. I read her post as "I am too big and I want to be too small".
Reply 53
Not really, you're just saying make your boobs and bum bigger without surgery which is impossible

Not really ,some people lack the awareness and initiative

The idea that some little girls want to reduce their waist size leads to anorexia and want my relatives to treat them

I and other alpha males want the attributes described

end of story. Madam
Original post by CJKay
I am more certain of what I know to be the meaning of what I said than your interpretation of what I said, thanks.

Explain your interpretation then. Because saying you're pretty sure size 6 is unhealthy suggests girls who wear size 6 are unhealthy suggests you're pretty sure I'm unhealthy.
Original post by CJKay
Well, then that is a difference between how we read the original post. I read her post as "I am too big and I want to be too small".

Right, I can see your point then, but I don't think that was the intention of the post at all. But if you are right, then there's nothing wrong with a size 10 waist and it isn't too big. I just read it as someone who was interested in a dramatic figure not someone who wants to lose weight when they're already fine
Reply 56
Original post by HopefulMidwife
I don't think it's possible without proper corset training as it is bone/muscle structure that creates a small waist plus a genetic predisposition.

What bones do you have in your waist?
Reply 57
Explain your interpretation then. Because saying you're pretty sure size 6 is unhealthy suggests girls who wear size 6 are unhealthy suggests you're pretty sure I'm unhealthy.

Please, lay off the caffeine. I literally just explained what the meaning of my post was to you:

Original post by CJKay

Here are the options:

"I am certain size 6 is unhealthy" > "I believe size 6 is definitely unhealthy"

"I am sure size 6 is unhealthy" > "I would argue with little doubt that size 6 is unhealthy"

"I am pretty sure size 6 is unhealthy" > "I would argue that size 6 is unhealthy, but I may well be wrong"

"I'm not sure size 6 is unhealthy" > "I would not argue either way"

Original post by CJKay
Having a 10" waist is also attractive, and I am unable to think of any reason why somebody would feel the need to go up or down or between those points. On top of that, "small" is not "tiny".

Which sounds more like she's got some self-confidence issues - "I have a 10" waist but I'd like to be a bit smaller" or "I have a 10" waist but I want to be tiny"?

i didnt say i have a 10'' waist, i said im a size 10! goodness
Reply 59

Squat?

Quick Reply

Latest