The Student Room Group

Cairo massacre - 42 shot dead by the army

Scroll to see replies

interesting to know how the liberals feel now.
Original post by Al-Mudaari
May God have mercy on their souls and give them justice.

And may you join your brothers soon inshalla. :smile:
Reply 22
This is quite ridiculous although if it's true that they were attacking the military base then those idiots had it coming, who attacks a military base without realising there'll be repercussions :s-smilie:

RIP to the dead though.
Original post by Farm_Ecology
I'm somewhat wary about instantly assuming that the protesters are telling the truth and the soldiers are lying, especially after protesters lied about being air striked in libyia during their crisis.
It's sad to hear about any deaths, but I think judgment should be held off until more information is available.

The army produced video (shown on the BBC) of protesters firing on soldiers. But I don't know if there is any evidence that this triggered the chain of events, or if it was a reaction to the army's actions. I'm cynical enough to imagine an extremist taking a few potshots at the soldiers, and triggering a predictably massive over-reaction.
Reply 24
I've seen 2 videos of "innocent protesters" firing at the army. Army got hurt and there order to shoot at everything moving will be called.

MB is scum, they're trying to recreate what's going on in Syria, as half of their jihadists brothers are "legitimate rebels" fighting the Syrian army.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aiP-vu677A
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=72a_1373331506

And a cute video of a 12 yo kid who probably knows more about Egypt than all of us:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=830_1373307749
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Al-Mudaari
May God have mercy on their souls and give them justice.

may you get the same.
Reply 26
Original post by Pastaferian
The army produced video (shown on the BBC) of protesters firing on soldiers. But I don't know if there is any evidence that this triggered the chain of events, or if it was a reaction to the army's actions. I'm cynical enough to imagine an extremist taking a few potshots at the soldiers, and triggering a predictably massive over-reaction.

It's not an over reaction. I'm pretty sure it'd happen in most countries.

For example, around 600 protestors controlled by 40 soldiers with guns and APCs, I'm pretty sure if one or two of these protestors start shooting and end up killing/injuring one of the soldiers on the spot; there will be orders to return fire. Otherwise, just remain like sitting ducks and see what else might happen. :colondollar:
Original post by iSoftie
It's not an over reaction. I'm pretty sure it'd happen in most countries.
For example, around 600 protestors controlled by 40 soldiers with guns and APCs, I'm pretty sure if one or two of these protestors start shooting and end up killing/injuring one of the soldiers on the spot; there will be orders to return fire. Otherwise, just remain like sitting ducks and see what else might happen. :colondollar:

That's precisely the scenario I was thinking of when I said one extremist could bring about a "predictably massive over-reaction".
Reply 28
Original post by Pastaferian
That's precisely the scenario I was thinking of when I said one extremist could bring about a "predictably massive over-reaction".

Anyhow, I don't think the Egyptian army is in the wrong for doing this. Loved it how Mursi was at first put under house arrest but he then specifically said that a war will be caused over this and that lead him to being put under full arrest and chucked into a prison.
He's supporters also want blood to be spilt unnecessarily and are acting like criminals/terrorists.
Not to mention the suicide bombing threats.

Arrest them and get on with the elections!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending