The Student Room Group

Ashes 2013 discussion thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wrexhamfc
Do you mean the second? The Aussies won the first test in '05 by over 200 runs.

Sorry, yes the second. For some reason I thought England went 1-0 up in the series.
(edited 10 years ago)
Getting Haddin out quickly will be the crucial wicket. Don't think Agar can repeat the performance and is not experienced enough on how to play out the game and is very likely to play risky shots.
i reckon we aussies will take the first test tomorrow. should be a cracking 5th day though!
Reply 63
Anderson takes 2 wickets for 0 runs in the space of 5 balls. He's so good.

Should be Englands to lose now unless Pattinson does an Agar
Would be really nasty now if we let Siddle bat it out :diep:
Reply 65
1 more guys :yy:
Reply 66
Finn :facepalm:
If only Finn played in the IPL, he would have caught that. Seen so many catches like that and even harder ones being taken in the IPL.
That dropped catch will be decisive?
Finn has had a right nightmare here
Reply 69
Finn needs dropping for the next test. He has been an absolute liability.

As a side note. Bresnan is pretty fat.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70
Fair play to Australia, another great 10th wicket stand. Going to be a tense finish :crossedf:
(edited 10 years ago)
England, once again, are the masters of making a finale more tense than it should have been. Hats off to Haddin and Pattinson for getting themselves into a position to win though,
To take lunch at this point in any sporting fixture seems to me to be a nonsense. Maybe that's just my ignorance of cricket speaking, though.
This has to be one of the best test matches I've ever watched!
Original post by cleveradam
If only Finn played in the IPL, he would have caught that. Seen so many catches like that and even harder ones being taken in the IPL.
That dropped catch will be decisive?

IPL players only have 20 overs to worry - taking a catch then is a completely different ball game. It was a difficult catch for any cricket player having played 4 days+ of cricket.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KingMessi
To take lunch at this point in any sporting fixture seems to me to be a nonsense. Maybe that's just my ignorance of cricket speaking, though.

Probably but they had extended play by half an hour anyway.

I think a tie might actually be a fair result to this game. Doubtful to happen but you never know.
I don't like this :bawling:
Im pretty sure there was a noise there so right decision. Well played Haddin and Pattinson and a great test match overall!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why didn't they use the Snicko system to determine whether the ball was hit or not?
It would have confirmed any doubts.
edit: snicko replay shows ball was edged.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 79
Pretty sure there was a massive noise. Atherton speaking asscrack. Why was that a difficult decision?
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest