The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Official University of Birmingham

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IEMM
Hi, can I ask if the spaces in the computer science school are expected to be competitive this year, or what the school policy is on missed grades for applicants who have firmed Birmingham?

Hello,

If you have already applied and have UoB as your firm offer choice then if you miss a grade you need to wait until results day to find out whether you still have your place. If UCAS track doesn't say you have been accepted automatically then you need to call us on the day and we will do our best to help. Sorry that we can't tell you more but we don't know how many places will be available until the results are released.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 21
Original post by University of Birmingham
It would be better to ring your admissions tutor as soon as possible if you've made a final decision on what you'd like to study.

The admissions tutor is out of office until next week but was told to send an email to someone else. So I guess I just have to wait.
Original post by Ievavysniauska
Hey! Where should I send my evidence of qualification and IELTS? I'm looking forward for your reply!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello!

You need to send your qualifications to the main university address but make sure to put admissions on the top. So the address is:

Admissions
University of Birmingham
Edgbaston
Birmingham
B15 2TT
Reply 23
If I miss my offer, take a gap year, resit and gain the AAA requirement for economics would my application be at a disadvantage?
Reply 24
Is it possible for a postgraduate student to study a language?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aodunewu
Is it possible for a postgraduate student to study a language?

Posted from TSR Mobile

We offer several Postgraduate courses which incorporate different languages. For more information please take a look at our Postgraduate study in Languages, Cultures, Art History, and Music page to view a full list.

In addition to this, the University of Birmingham offers language courses to all students. You can view a list of the languages we offer and the different pathways you can choose to learn your language on our Languages for All webpage.
Original post by Callnew
If I miss my offer, take a gap year, resit and gain the AAA requirement for economics would my application be at a disadvantage?

If you miss the terms of your offer, please contact the Admissions Officer named in your University of Birmingham offer letter to discuss your application further. If we are unable to confirm your place for September 2013 entry, then it is certainly possible to take a gap year and resit your A levels. We do consider resit candidates for Economics and your application would not be at a disadvantage.
Hi there, When can we expect the accommodation places to be released? So excited! xxxx
Original post by rose_flower
Hi there, When can we expect the accommodation places to be released? So excited! xxxx

Hi, if you have had your place at the University of Birmingham confirmed today, you should receive an accommodation offer in the next 10-14 days.
Reply 29
Hi, I'm a student from the EU looking to apply to the University of Birmingham through clearing.

Problem is, by ringing overseas, I'm not put on hold (and thus transferred to a 'queue' - I assume that's how it works in the UK), all I get is a 'line busy' message with an option to call back. So I'm guessing that since I'm not put in a queue, new people that keep ringing will go before me in a neverending line and I fear that all the places will fill up.

What should I do? Is there anything I can do besides wait and hope you still have room for me?
Original post by T_Tornado
Hi, I'm a student from the EU looking to apply to the University of Birmingham through clearing.

Problem is, by ringing overseas, I'm not put on hold (and thus transferred to a 'queue' - I assume that's how it works in the UK), all I get is a 'line busy' message with an option to call back. So I'm guessing that since I'm not put in a queue, new people that keep ringing will go before me in a neverending line and I fear that all the places will fill up.

What should I do? Is there anything I can do besides wait and hope you still have room for me?

Sorry to hear that you are having difficulty getting through on the phone. Please be assured that we are not operating a queuing system. We have about 40 people answering phone calls but the volume of calls is extremely high right now. We can only encourage you to keep trying.
I was made aware that University of Birmingham was awarding unconditional offers for the Economics course to students who get predicted A*AA. Does an applicant technically also have to have AAA at AS to be in the running? (IE: if a student gains AAB at AS, the A's being 90%+ and the B close to an A grade and is predicted A*AA, would that be valid?)
Original post by SamTheMan95
I was made aware that University of Birmingham was awarding unconditional offers for the Economics course to students who get predicted A*AA. Does an applicant technically also have to have AAA at AS to be in the running? (IE: if a student gains AAB at AS, the A's being 90%+ and the B close to an A grade and is predicted A*AA, would that be valid?)

Please can I pass you a contact for the Admissions Officer for Economics - call Ben on 0121 414 5459 - who will be able to advise you about the latest availability for Economics courses.
Reply 33
How long might it take for me to be released from my unconditional offer to enter clearing.?
Reply 34
I realise that this status is in stark contrast to enquiries regarding places of application and the joy expressed by those who have achieved their dreams. It is just I have a credible reason for wanting to be released and regretfully having worked hard to achieve my unconditional offer I feel that I shouldn't undertake a course where I am dubious about my commitment to the subject.
Original post by epiphany
I realise that this status is in stark contrast to enquiries regarding places of application and the joy expressed by those who have achieved their dreams. It is just I have a credible reason for wanting to be released and regretfully having worked hard to achieve my unconditional offer I feel that I shouldn't undertake a course where I am dubious about my commitment to the subject.

We'd advise that the best thing to do is to call your named Admissions Officer, as stated in your offer letter. If you need any further help do let us know.
Original post by University of Birmingham
Hi, if you have had your place at the University of Birmingham confirmed today, you should receive an accommodation offer in the next 10-14 days.

Thank you!
Reply 37
Am I not guaranteed accommodation as Birmingham was my insurance choice? If not, what options are available to me?
Reply 38
Original post by AWAIS194
Am I not guaranteed accommodation as Birmingham was my insurance choice? If not, what options are available to me?

Contact the accommodation office if you've not already applied, and they'll let you know what's available.
Hi. Although everything is fine with my Tuition Fee Loan I do not have my Student Support Number which is necessary for a registration at University of Birmingham. Where can I find this Number?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending