The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Official University of Birmingham

Scroll to see replies

Hello, I am very interested in studying medicine at Birmingham as an international student but I'm not sure about how the interviews go. I know interviews are only held in the UK, but is there a possibility that interviews can be held using Skype or on the telephone?

Thanks a lot in advance!
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Original post by Heidi Rice
Hi guys, I'm an undergrad at UoB desperate to sell my room as I want a year out.

I live in Liberty Gardens which are university owned halls close to the Vale. The rent is £3990 for the year. The halls are in walking distance of the uni and The Bullring.

Let me know if you're interested.

Hi Heidi,

You can contact our accommodation services team to let them know you don't want the room any more because there is a waiting list for people who may want to change halls or move into halls. You can contact them via email or phone, all details found via through the link below:

http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/students/accommodation/Contactus.aspx
Original post by ministryofcats
Hello, I am very interested in studying medicine at Birmingham as an international student but I'm not sure about how the interviews go. I know interviews are only held in the UK, but is there a possibility that interviews can be held using Skype or on the telephone?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Hello, Unfortunately for Medicine, all applicants that are called for interview would need to attend the interview in person.
Reply 63
Hello. I'm thinking about applying to the UoB to study Biochemistry, Medical Biochemistry or Biomedical Science (I'm not sure which course yet).
I'm doing the European Baccalaureate. On the UCAS website it stated that I needed 80% overall, including Chemistry and another science subject.
I was just wondering if I need to get specific grades in these subjects to meet the entry requirements.
Reply 64
Hi, I submitted my application on the 4th October for Chemistry MChem, starting in 2014. I was just wondering how long it usually takes for interviews or offers to come through? Most of the other universities I've applied to have already replied and I really like Birmingham so am starting to get worried!
Lizzie
Original post by JessicaJS
Hello. I'm thinking about applying to the UoB to study Biochemistry, Medical Biochemistry or Biomedical Science (I'm not sure which course yet).
I'm doing the European Baccalaureate. On the UCAS website it stated that I needed 80% overall, including Chemistry and another science subject.
I was just wondering if I need to get specific grades in these subjects to meet the entry requirements.

Hi Jessica,

We would require 7/10 or 8/10 from Chemistry and the other Science. Hope this helps!
Reply 66
Original post by University of Birmingham
Hi Jessica,

We would require 7/10 or 8/10 from Chemistry and the other Science. Hope this helps!

Thank you!
As the course is fairly competitive, would I be able to get a place with 7 in both subjects or would I need to get 8?
What is the average time taken by the university to reply to the applicants? Is it after the January deadline?
Reply 68
Hi. I would like to know if University of Birmingham accepts students for second-year entry for BSc Economics ? I am currently a first year student, taking BSc Economics and Finance under University of London International Programme :smile: I am interested in doing my second and third year in the UK :smile:
Reply 69
Hi, anyone know how long it takes to walk from Victoria Halls on Grange Road to the arts building? I've confirmed my unconditional offer to study history and English Lit in 2014, so I'm definitely coming!! :smile:
Thanks! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70
Hi,

I was invited to a Materials Science and Engineering applicant visit day last week. how long will it take before I hear the decision from Birmingham?
Thanks
Reply 71
Hello,

I am just wondering when will dentistry interviews be given out?

Many thanks!
Reply 72
I have a question. I was not able to find what is the tuition fee for sandwich degrees. I applied for the Business Management (with Year in Industry) course but there is no information what I will have to pay for the 3rd year. Is it still 9,000 or is there a reduction?
Reply 73
Hey!
I've got a conditional offer of AAB for BA geography with a year of international study. This is my dream university and dream course! The only thing is I don't think I'm going to meet the conditions, I'm studying geography psychology and English, and am more likely to get ABB.
I've got a conditional offer from Manchester for AB and a pass at welsh baccalaureate, which is much more achievable!
However I really don't want to decline UOB! I'm not sure what to do, as Manchester are flexible and quoted in the offer letter that they'll do their best to find you a place even if you don't meet the conditions!
Does anyone know where UOB stand if you don't meet the conditions? Are they flexible with trying to place you on a similar course etc?
I don't want to decline Birmingham, but there's also no point putting it as my insurance if I get into Manchester! But also don't want to put Manchester as insurance as if unforeseeable circumstances arise and I don't meet the conditions when they see it's my insurance they may not try and place me on a course!
If anyone has any idea about the flexibility UOB have on results day i'd really appreciate it!
Hi,
I received an unconditional offer to study at Birmingham University this September but I haven't had any information about my course or accommodation yet and am getting a little worried as my friends who have applied to other universities have gotten much more information. I'm really excited to know more about where I will be living and what I will need for my course, so I'm naturally itching for information. Any advice?
Many Thanks
Daniella
English Lit.
Hi Daniella,

Congratulations on getting an unconditional offer! We're glad you're excited and we look forward to welcoming you in September.

If you applied within the Freshers’ Guarantee Scheme, as an unconditional offer holder you should receive an email regarding your accommodation from late July onwards. You should also look out for an email inviting you to register from 14 July onwards.

Course-specific information is likely to be sent out after A level results day on 14 August. You can contact your department directly using the contacts on the English course page on our website.

In the meantime, our YouTube channel has some videos written by our students, from a day in the life for different subjects to My Bham where our students tell you about life at Birmingham on and off campus.

We hope this helps and look forward to seeing you in September!

UoB
Hello,

We'd advise calling the Admissions Office directly on +44 (0)121 415 8900 or +44 (0)121 414 5488 to check that what you have submitted is sufficient.

UoB
Reply 77
Original post by University of Birmingham
Hello,

We'd advise calling the Admissions Office directly on +44 (0)121 415 8900 or +44 (0)121 414 5488 to check that what you have submitted is sufficient.

UoB

Hello,
In one of the you tube videos of the University I saw that there was a pickup service from the airport for international students. .. is this service still available? Who should I contact and how? Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 78
Hi,

I really want to go Birmingham and do a foundation year in physics. I would like to know the entry requirements, as on the website it does not tell you.
Hi there, last year I noticed that these course at birmingham was in clearing and adjustment, so what would be the entry requirements? Would you take someone with AAB OR ABB?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending