Birmingham

Official University of Birmingham

Scroll to see replies

For law by the way
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Hello,

We will have places available on certain courses for high quality students. You can find out more on our Clearing and Adjustment 2014 web pages.

You can search for your course in our course finder. Confirmation of whether certain courses will have places will be listed on each course page in A level results week.

UoB
Original post by University of Birmingham
Hello,

We will have places available on certain courses for high quality students. You can find out more on our Clearing and Adjustment 2014 web pages.

You can search for your course in our course finder. Confirmation of whether certain courses will have places will be listed on each course page in A level results week.

UoB

Thanks, in addition I have heard that the university of birmingham require an email including copies of exam results and details of your academic background if applying through clearing. Does this also apply when apying through adjustment?
Reply 83

Hi everyone

Welcome to the University of Birmingham's official thread.

So whether you’re set to come and study here in September or you’re only just thinking about applying to University, the team are here to answer your questions about life at Birmingham, the courses we offer, our facilities, accommodation and everything in between.

The University of Birmingham team

Hi University of Birmingham.

I'm stuck in what to do. Either Physiotherapy or Sport & Exercise Science at Birmingham. Do these students work closely together as they said at the open day. And if I wanted a career at a top level sports club what would be the best degree to study?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello UoB,

I'm intending to apply to do Psychology at your university for 2015 entry. In regards to the MSci Psychology and Psychological Research course, I understand from your FAQ sheet that upon initial application if you do not meet the criteria for the Msci and your application is unsuccessful you are considered for the Bsc Psychology course.

In the event your application IS successful and you receive a conditional offer of A*AA , but then fail to achieve these grades and instead get AAA or AAB, are you then admitted the Bsc course as these grades do satisfy it's entry requirements?

If no, then is it acceptable to apply to both courses so that the Msci could operate as a firm choice and the Bsc an insurance because of it's lower entry requirements?

Thanks in advance.
Hello,

The best people to advise you on this are the Psychology Admissions Tutors - you can email them on [email protected] or give them a call on +44(0)121 414 4691.

Best wishes,

UoB
Reply 86
Anyone applying for BA Political Economy?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi UoB,

I'm planning on applying for one of your chemical engineering courses, but am unsure whether to apply for the BEng or the MEng. I was wondering if it is possible to transfer between the two after the first or second year?

Thanks,
Ryan
Hi Ryan,

This is an extract from the course details for Chemical Engineering:

"BEng or MEng? The first two years of the BEng course are identical to our Master of Engineering (MEng) programme H810 , which means that you can delay your final choice of degree until the end of your second year. Entry onto the MEng programme is dependent upon successful completion of your second year and you must provide excellent results (i.e. be on target for a minimum of a high 2ii)."

You can view the full course details at http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/chemical-engineering/chemical-engineering-beng.aspx#CourseDetailsTab

For further information we advise contacting the Admissions Tutor for Chemical Engineering:

Admissions Tutor: Dr Anita Ghag
Telephone enquiries: +44 (0)121 414 5333
Email: [email protected]

Good luck with applying and we hope we'll welcome you to Birmingham soon!

UoB
Hi Ryan,

This is an extract from the course details for Chemical Engineering:

"BEng or MEng? The first two years of the BEng course are identical to our Master of Engineering (MEng) programme H810 , which means that you can delay your final choice of degree until the end of your second year. Entry onto the MEng programme is dependent upon successful completion of your second year and you must provide excellent results (i.e. be on target for a minimum of a high 2ii)."

You can view the full course details at http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/chemical-engineering/chemical-engineering-beng.aspx#CourseDetailsTab

For further information we advise contacting the Admissions Tutor for Chemical Engineering:

Admissions Tutor: Dr Anita Ghag
Telephone enquiries: +44 (0)121 414 5333
Email: [email protected]

Good luck with applying and we hope we'll welcome you to Birmingham soon!

UoB

Hi UOB,
With the dental therapy and hygiene, will offers mostly be given if an applicant has been to an interview. I.e have an interview then offer the offer? Around when will interviews be carried out/invites given out after?
Reply 90
Just firmed Birmingham for English literature :smile:
I am intending to apply to the liberal arts and sciences course at Birmingham.

My A level grades are: Maths A*, Biology A, Economics A
AS level: Business studies A

Could you please give me some indication about the standard of personal statement that is required to get a place on the course?

Also, do you interview for this course?

Many thanks
Hello, I would like to know when I will receive an invitation for an applicant day?
Received offer
Thanks
Hello,

UoB

Is there more than one applicant day? Or is it different for different departments?
Original post by m187
Anyone applying for BA Political Economy?
Yep ! got my ABB offer today after 3 weeks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Reply 95
Yep, I applied three weeks ago still waiting for a decision though
Reply 96
Original post by JoshuaRaj

What are your predicted grades if you don't mind me asking
Original post by carloch
Yep, I applied three weeks ago still waiting for a decision though

I applied three weeks ago too and got my offer for BSc Biomedical Sciences today, I'm sure a decision regarding your application will pop up soon!

Best of luck!

Yours,
Grey
Original post by carloch
What are your predicted grades if you don't mind me asking

I got ABDU ,in Economics ,History ,Chemistry and maths .My predicted was ABC !
Has anyone else received a personalised video?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending