The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Languages at UCL?

Hi!

I'm just wondering if anyone here is a language student or planning on applying. I'm a prospective mature, international student from the United States. I'm looking to study Italian, but I'm interested in feedback from any language students or hopefuls. I know UCL is more popular for sciences and math, or so it seems. So I'm hoping the language program's are good too.

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by Coffeetime
Hi!

I'm just wondering if anyone here is a language student or planning on applying. I'm a prospective mature, international student from the United States. I'm looking to study Italian, but I'm interested in feedback from any language students or hopefuls. I know UCL is more popular for sciences and math, or so it seems. So I'm hoping the language program's are good too.

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi,

I read for BA in Language and Culture which is also run by SELCS. I don't do Italian, but there are a few people around having done it. Out of things that could interest you, I can only talk about ELCS modules and overall UCL experience.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Ivanka
Hi,

I read for BA in Language and Culture which is also run by SELCS. I don't do Italian, but there are a few people around having done it. Out of things that could interest you, I can only talk about ELCS modules and overall UCL experience.

I'm guessing UCL is quite tough? Worth it?
UCL has an amazingly broad language offer on top of the sciences, not sure which is the top Italian program in the UK. Worth comparing to the US' top program though, given costs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Coffeetime
I'm guessing UCL is quite tough? Worth it?

If you like the course content, then go fir it :wink:
Reply 5
I study BA French and Spanish at UCL. The course is challenging, but certainly doable. I love UCL, less fussed on the French department.
Original post by Ivanka
If you like the course content, then go fir it :wink:

Woo! Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending