The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

For backups, I said...

CPT3
Computing teacher to backup everyone's work at the end of the lesson

Office
Last receptionist / admin worker should set a backup rolling to magnetic tape using grandfather-father-son.

Applications
Sysadmin to do onto magnetic tape when new stuff is installed or change.

Thought it was pretty good meself - did it in abuot 20 minutes and the invigilators gave me funny looks for the rest of the time.
Reply 41
michaelbenson
I actually thought that Village Hall was alot more simpliar, with last years you had to enable the ability to delete records from the system, this was not required for Village Hall.

You just need a command button to delete a record. With village hall you had numerous validations and making fields only visible if evening and a friday or saturday is selected. Also for the statistics, you had to use DSum/DCount and work out the money taken in for particular weeks. I had to convert a date into a numeric week number to do this. I even had to automate the booking slots for certain dates and time of days. Didnt anyone else do this?
Reply 42
tux01989
For backups, I said...

CPT3
Computing teacher to backup everyone's work at the end of the lesson

Office
Last receptionist / admin worker should set a backup rolling to magnetic tape using grandfather-father-son.

Applications
Sysadmin to do onto magnetic tape when new stuff is installed or change.

Thought it was pretty good meself - did it in abuot 20 minutes and the invigilators gave me funny looks for the rest of the time.

where they asking for the suitable devise too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jesse
where they asking for the suitable devise too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I *think* they said "you _may_ include details about frequency, who is responsible and suitible devices". Don't quote me on that though - might be wrong.
Reply 44
thanks
Reply 45
Yah they did give recommendations as to what to write for each backing strategy. Interesting that you guys put the Administrator as responsible for backing up the CPT3 coursework. When we were working on it for real, we were always told to back it up ourselves regularly - It isn't really the job of the IT technicians I wouldn't have thought. Not saying its wrong though, I'm sure a number of answers are accepted.
andersson_06
You just need a command button to delete a record. With village hall you had numerous validations and making fields only visible if evening and a friday or saturday is selected. Also for the statistics, you had to use DSum/DCount and work out the money taken in for particular weeks. I had to convert a date into a numeric week number to do this. I even had to automate the booking slots for certain dates and time of days. Didnt anyone else do this?

Erm. No. I just setup an array and then started a Do While loop, during which a number of statements where setup which recorded in return created a counter for the Morning, Afternoon, Evening and Extension sessions and then with some division i calculated a percentile value.

Yes you need a command button to delete a record. But you need code to inside that button :biggrin:
Reply 47
well i think a command button 2 delete is cool. they cant penalise u for that
Reply 48
You know for the dry run exercise, what was for OUTPUT at the end? did all the the letters come to 'AN ERROR'.? What did you guys get?
Reply 49
I didn't retake CPT1, but 'AN ERROR' is what all my friends got.
Reply 50
yer but i didnt get dat i got a next messgae. i lost 2 marks 4 that but no biggy
nizzex
You know for the dry run exercise, what was for OUTPUT at the end? did all the the letters come to 'AN ERROR'.? What did you guys get?

I got 'AN ERROR' too. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending