The Student Room Group

| dental hygiene & therapy | 2014 entry |

Hello to you all,

I am a prospective Dental Hygiene & Dental Therapy student hoping to apply for entry in the year 2014. If you are on the same boat, then let's talk DH&DT! :biggrin:

Tareq.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hello, I'm in the same boat.. I am looking to study DH&DT in 2014. I have received a letter from Kings college offering me an interview in Aug. Where have you applied to :smile: Shaina
Reply 2
Hi guys, I am going to apply to Eastman, Kings and Essex. Good luck to you all!
Reply 3
Original post by Shainalaw
hello, I'm in the same boat.. I am looking to study DH&DT in 2014. I have received a letter from Kings college offering me an interview in Aug. Where have you applied to :smile: Shaina

Oh wow, well done you! I only found out recently that Kings have closed their applications and I didn't get the opportunity to apply there. I haven't applied yet, I'm currently in the process of beginning my applications. Where have you applied to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Prada:)
Hi guys, I am going to apply to Eastman, Kings and Essex. Good luck to you all!

Aw thanks, you too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by student.tareq
Oh wow, well done you! I only found out recently that Kings have closed their applications and I didn't get the opportunity to apply there. I haven't applied yet, I'm currently in the process of beginning my applications. Where have you applied to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They going to open in Sep again for Jan 2015 entry
Hey! I'm applying to do DHDT at almost all the universities, what's everyone's current quals who have received interviews? My only problem is I'm traveling and can attend interviews until the new year :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Shainalaw

Hi congratulations on the interview, how did it go? what kind of questions where you asked?
Reply 8
Is anyone applying at Leeds or Sheffield ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Hi, I was just wondering how much work experience do you guys have. I'm currently a gap year student who doesn't have any work experience i have tried over 30 places (in London) and its literally so hard :/ i'm not sure whether i should keep trying or not.
Original post by Faz..
Is anyone applying at Leeds or Sheffield ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am!
Reply 11
Original post by student.tareq
I am!

Glad I'm not the only one! Have you already sent your applications? The closing dates are really close?

I've applied at Leeds and Sheffield, Sheffield intake is April..

Where r u from ? Will u be moving on campus?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm applying to Leeds, teesside And Liverpool and a couple of others. I'm worried as Essex emailed me saying I need a C in science GCSE which unfortunately I don't have! I'm a qualified dental nurse and a dental radiographer but it does not matter :frown: Teesside will consider me and so will Liverpool! Fingers crossed!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by VickihutchDHDT90
I'm applying to Leeds, teesside And Liverpool and a couple of others. I'm worried as Essex emailed me saying I need a C in science GCSE which unfortunately I don't have! I'm a qualified dental nurse and a dental radiographer but it does not matter :frown: Teesside will consider me and so will Liverpool! Fingers crossed!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey ! Ye Sheffield will consider you too. Liverpool may not they're very strict I applied last year with A level in biology but I had a D in science gcse they still wanted a C in science gcse .
They rejected my application they say theyll consider but they dont - I enquired again this year and yes it's same again they're very right with entry req. Leeds and Sheffield are more relaxed as they will use dental nursing experience .
I'm a qualified dental nurse top and Sheffield definatly like post quals !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is there a difference between a diploma and degree in DH&DT?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
I'm applying for 2014 entry to Eastman, Currently a dental nurse there and exceed all the academic requirements so fingers crossed. Also applying for 2015 entry to Kings
Hi. I've applied to Sheffield uni for 2014 intake! Fingers crossed.. 😱

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Has anyone heard back from Sheffield hygiene and therapy April 2014 yet?
Is there much difference between the degree and the diploma?
Reply 18
i have applied to sheffiled for april 2014 intake. i havnt heard yet, i rang and was told letters for interview will be sent out at the end of october. i think this month will go so slow!! haha. they have so many applicants for only 24 spaces. what are everyones plans for accomodation if accepted to sheffield? emily x
Reply 19
Its going so slow aha really wan to find out, I want to go into halls but I'm not sure there will be any spaces because the course starts in April

Quick Reply

Latest