The Student Room Group

| dental hygiene & therapy | 2014 entry |

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Hannahrad91
My friend Has told me that she was talking to head of school and they are still going through the applications at the moment as they have had a 40% increase in the amount of people who have applied for h&t this year! Looks like the competition is even harder for us then :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That sucks gotta wait even longer for a letter about an interview -_- I won't be expecting to hear anything until next week now...... When did your friend talk to head of school?? Hopefully they have finished going through applications by now :smile:
She was speaking to Emma fisher whilst on clinic yesterday.
She said we may hear end of the week still or beginning of next week. I hope we find out soon as I hate all this waiting!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
Same hate waiting hopefully we hear something soon!! :smile:
anyone knows if there's a delay with their letter in the post or do they notify us by email ?
Reply 44
Hey guys! I have also applied for Sheffield and have been extremely worried that I am yet to hear from them! Happy I have joined this forum, can relax a little now knowing I'm not the only one :smile: Good luck to you all! Hopefully not much longer to wait now.......
yeaah Harlett , waiting is lonely :smile:))) but a tiny bit less lonely on forums like this, What is your background as an applicant?
Original post by Harlett108
Hey guys! I have also applied for Sheffield and have been extremely worried that I am yet to hear from them! Happy I have joined this forum, can relax a little now knowing I'm not the only one :smile: Good luck to you all! Hopefully not much longer to wait now.......

yeaah Harlett , waiting is lonely ))) but a tiny bit less lonely on forums like this, What is your background as an applicant?
Reply 47
This is the first time I have applied, been a Dental Nurse for eight years and have wanted to for a long time so thought it was about time! lol What about yourself?
Dental nurse also :smile:)) That's the second round of applying for me but it was to Dentistry courses last year. Had a real turn of minds as the Direct Access scheme got introduced and as I approached the end of my Access course It felt like the most reasonable thing in the world to go for DHT. Funny enough though, I did get a DHT interview last year . it was through fifth choice UCAS and i did screw up the interview stupidly feeling overprepared being a dentistry applicant. Big mistake.. DHT need lots of reading and lots of focus as well :smile:
Reply 49
Hopefully we hear some news tomorrow :smile: how much longer can they keep us waiting :wink:
Imagine we need to wait till Saturday... Soooo thrilled, want to start preping for an intervieeeewwww
Reply 51
Original post by precedent89
Imagine we need to wait till Saturday... Soooo thrilled, want to start preping for an intervieeeewwww

You got an interview???
hAHAHAH Nooo no letter yet :smile: Do you think it will come through the mail box or in emails?
Reply 53
Just rang up Sheffield uni as have not heard anything from them yet spoke to Mary Cummings and she said that they are still sifting through applications as have had so many more applications than normal she said we may hear something at the end of this week if not early next week.... so frustrating I hate waiting
Thanks Josshh. At least we now know it will take a little longer to get our replies. I'm new to this forum and excited to have joined, however, I'm a little obsessed and keep checking it every few hours.

Hi to all!!
Reply 55
ohhh :frown: now waiting even longer.
Reply 56
ohhh :frown: now waiting even longer.
Has anyone heard from
Birmingham? I keep checking Ucas but no reply x
Reply 58
Original post by Wishing Well
Thanks Josshh. At least we now know it will take a little longer to get our replies. I'm new to this forum and excited to have joined, however, I'm a little obsessed and keep checking it every few hours.

Hi to all!!

It's alright lol just wanna hear from them I hate waiting :frown: I'm meant to be seeing my girlfriend in America for the first time after interviews are meant to take place so need to wait until I get a letter before booking ;(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 59
Original post by Toothfairy89
Has anyone heard from
Birmingham? I keep checking Ucas but no reply x

Nope. I had a look at last years thread and I think the first interviews they have are at the end of November.

Quick Reply

Latest