The Student Room Group

| dental hygiene & therapy | 2014 entry |

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
In regards Sheffield, they should start interviews in around the middle of November, last year I had my interview on the 15th.
Reply 61
what sort of things did they ask you in your interview?
Reply 62
What sort of grades do people have??? I have a B in biology at A-level and C in psychology :smile: you think they will look at grades purely before personal statements due to the crazy increase in applicants?? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
There is a slight possibility that they won't read some of the statements from what i know from a king's open day last year. What they do for dentistry is out of the huge heap of applicants they sometimes choose the best grades and then see their statements. Which in my view is soo not right. I hope Sheffield do it fair enough and put equal times in looking at each of us :smile:))
Wow Josshh, an American girlfriend - great for holidays! Let's hope you get an interview soon! The waiting is killing me too. It's an extremely tough course to get onto as you're aware. I'm a dental nurse with 7 years experience, an Access to Higher Education Diploma and loads of life experience. Fingers crossed!!
Reply 65
Original post by emilye
what sort of things did they ask you in your interview?

I won't give exact questions as I don't think that that is fair, also they may not even use the same questions each year. But generally it's the stuff we all know will come up in some way or other - why dental hygiene & therapy? why Sheffield? tell me about your work experience/shadowing. I'd say know your personal statement and know why you're applying for the course.
Reply 66
Original post by precedent89
Dental nurse also :smile:)) That's the second round of applying for me but it was to Dentistry courses last year. Had a real turn of minds as the Direct Access scheme got introduced and as I approached the end of my Access course It felt like the most reasonable thing in the world to go for DHT. Funny enough though, I did get a DHT interview last year . it was through fifth choice UCAS and i did screw up the interview stupidly feeling overprepared being a dentistry applicant. Big mistake.. DHT need lots of reading and lots of focus as well :smile:

Although you feel the last interview didn't go so well, at least you have had the experience and you can take something positive from it :smile: I have done the Access to HE course, finished in July and itching to get back into academic studies already! I was quite surprised the entry requirements from the access course are 45 merits actually, I thought they would be higher. Maybe they will be next year after a 40% rise in applicants!! Really hope we all hear something by the end of the week, the suspense is killing me!
Reply 67
I think my Birmingham interview was mid February! Portsmouth was also feb but got invited in November so it's so hard to judge when you will hear :-/ good luck to all applying :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Harlett108
Although you feel the last interview didn't go so well, at least you have had the experience and you can take something positive from it :smile: I have done the Access to HE course, finished in July and itching to get back into academic studies already! I was quite surprised the entry requirements from the access course are 45 merits actually, I thought they would be higher. Maybe they will be next year after a 40% rise in applicants!! Really hope we all hear something by the end of the week, the suspense is killing me!

Hey there Harlett and thanks for the reassurance :smile: Well yes I do feel a bit stronger this year but the only reason would be the hundreds of unis and hospitals I applied to (basically every existent one :P ) I also finished the Access to Medicine diploma in July. As there are well many nurses and good A level and Access grades for them to assess, I can feel how tough it is on the assessors at Sheffield . And as the course has become that desired , I guess the criteria regarding all the various voluntary and extracurricular stuff would have gone almost as high up as dentistry . I love being a DHT applicant , Harlett what type of experiences do you have?
Reply 69
Hey guys just opened my post from
Sheffield- I've been shortlisted for interview in November !! Arrrrg very happy bunny indeed :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70
i have an interview for sheffield aswell :smile: yayyyyy :smile: well done!!
Reply 71
Original post by Faz..
Hey guys just opened my post from
Sheffield- I've been shortlisted for interview in November !! Arrrrg very happy bunny indeed :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What date is your interview on?? Can't wait to see if my letter has arrived when I get home :smile:
Reply 72
Original post by emilye

i have an interview for sheffield aswell :smile: yayyyyy :smile: well done!

Well done !!
Josh mines on 21st November!! Good luck to u all!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yay! I have an interview from the University of Sheffield, so chuffed!
One more interview here !!!! Time for some serious prep as I said a few lines up the thread :PPPP hurray
I have an interview on the 21st too! Need advice on what they will ask!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 76
No letter in the post today :frown: doesn't look good :frown: guessing they sent out letters to those who got an interview first???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yay, looks like i'll be joining you guys. I have an interview on the 21st too!! Nervous but excited. Sheffield is a wonderful place to study and the facilities at the Charles Clifford Dental Hospital are excellent. Can't wait. Fingers crossed!!
Reply 78
Hi everyone...I've also applied to Sheffield uni, and still haven't received anything in the post :frown: Hopefully something positive will arrive tomorrow. Good luck to you all
Reply 79
Well done to all that have got shortlisted mine is on the 21st nov what times are everyone else's ? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest