The Student Room Group

Making new friends

I went to my first induction day for the college I'm starting in September and I found it really hard to approach people. Could I have some tips on how to make some friends if you went to a new college by yourself? And also how easy/quick you found it to make friends :frown: I'm quite scared
Reply 1
My advice, stop worrying about it and just let it happen.
Reply 2
Original post by Clone93
My advice, stop worrying about it and just let it happen.

Okay I guess I should just try and be relaxed about it
Original post by ellthom
I went to my first induction day for the college I'm starting in September and I found it really hard to approach people. Could I have some tips on how to make some friends if you went to a new college by yourself? And also how easy/quick you found it to make friends :frown: I'm quite scared

I was soooooo scared before i started college but trust me at the start of every lesson the teachers almost always get everybody to get to know eachother and break the ice. I dont even know why i was scared. just get talking, smile be a genuinely nice person and people will love you
Reply 4
Original post by Secretnerd123
I was soooooo scared before i started college but trust me at the start of every lesson the teachers almost always get everybody to get to know eachother and break the ice. I dont even know why i was scared. just get talking, smile be a genuinely nice person and people will love you

thank you :smile: i think i just needed some convincing from people who had already been through it. i found it quite uncomfortable trying to approach people in my induction days but probably because it was such a new environment for me and everyone else there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending