The Student Room Group

Costa Coffee post interview OJE

I had an interview at Costa today and have been invited to an On Job Experience on Saturday. I've never worked before and I have no idea how to be a waitress/barista so I was looking for any pointers for those who know.

Please help!
I used to work on a restaurant that used Costa Coffee. Using a coffee machine takes a little time to get used to in itself, but the staff will be understanding that you have never used one before and you usually have to be trained to use a coffee machine. My place of work never really trained me, so I just had to pick it up; my supervisor complimented me on my coffee making, so no training can't have been that bad. You also have to know how many shots of coffee relate the size or type of a drink, but that is fairly simple. Also getting the right amount of milk frothiness to create a good coffee takes time to learn, and once again you manager wouldn't expect you to know everything and be perfect. Just do the best you can and use your initiative, if your manager sees that you are making your own decisions, working efficiently and being cooperative and polite, you are bound to get in the managers good books. Remember, do not shy away and look as if you aren't taking an interest, be confident and willing to engage in the task at hand.
Reply 2
Be enthusiastic and friendly.
At this stage nobody cares if you can make nice coffee, you just have to be a nice person and not get stressed if anything goes wrong.
Good luck!
I had OJE in Costa coffe at York!Very dirty!!!!Staff room (there is non,just a hole-called room with 2 chairs )Rats, and very -very messy-dirty stock room!Discusting!God save the people how drink there!!Coffe cups are very dirty,spoons unpolished!!!Shocking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending