The Student Room Group

Bulgaria Pleven Medical University

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by hol91
Anyone definitely going to Pleven in Feb? Got my offer this morning and would love to speak to anyone else going!

Posted from TSR Mobile

are you going to pleven this feb?
Reply 41
Hi I'm going too:-)
Original post by Ciaran
Hey guys, I'm also applying to Pleven, seems very popular with UK students which is good. Learning Bulgarian could be a hassle but definitely worth it in the long run. Contacted outreach education yesterday and currently filling out the application form.

Who's going to the uni open day thing at the Emirates in London on October 13th?

You still planning on going to Pleven and I am from Devon aswell? :biggrin:
Reply 43
Original post by akz10
are you going to pleven this feb?

Yeah I am going for this feb? what about you? are you defo going?
Reply 44
I have a BSc biomedical degree and a MRes bio science. Failed to get into UK med school 3 times and have now come across going to Eastern Europe. Like the look of Pleven. Prob too late for Feb this year (2014)? Is there an entrance test? Any advice please?
Reply 45
Original post by Embemtem
I have a BSc biomedical degree and a MRes bio science. Failed to get into UK med school 3 times and have now come across going to Eastern Europe. Like the look of Pleven. Prob too late for Feb this year (2014)? Is there an entrance test? Any advice please?

Have you spoke to outreach education? They represent Pleven in the UK so may be able to help and are free.
Original post by Embemtem

There is no need to go to any agent out there, just apply by yourself at Pleven, do you think that the free agents do not charge the applicant, they call their fees ''Legalization Costs'' and ''Translation Costs'' like Outreach and they just rip you off. Plus, they charge you with extra fees without offering proper services. I would advise you to call the Uni and send your application directly to them.
Reply 47
Hi guys, I am applying for university to start next academic year. I have been looking at Italy for a year now- the IMAT is next month, but all of a sudden I am having doubts in applying (due to the large amount of people sitting it for little spaces!). I attended the Student World fair last year in London where I spoke to Tony from Outreach who told us about the uni of Pleven and also introduced us to the universities representative. Since then I have been so double minded on where to go! And if I should even apply to the uni of Milan. SO, how is the university of PLEVEN? Someone posted on another thread somewhere that they transferred out of Pleven as it wasn't good. I don't want to take just one point of view.
Was pretty much heading for Bulgaria on feb but couldn't secure funding for living expenses for 6 years:congrats:!!!! This should be one of the first things you should sort if your serious!!!!!!
Reply 49
Hi, I am applying to the Pleven MU. Is there anyone who already decided to go to this university? Right now, I already got CAL, so am collecting required documents for the next step.
Most of international students seem from UK, and I am from Japan. So, it is kinda hard for me to find such a site like here.

One question: If you study there, do you think you are gonna live in a dorm or an apartment??
Reply 50
Original post by Machi
Hi, I am applying to the Pleven MU. Is there anyone who already decided to go to this university? Right now, I already got CAL, so am collecting required documents for the next step.
Most of international students seem from UK, and I am from Japan. So, it is kinda hard for me to find such a site like here.

One question: If you study there, do you think you are gonna live in a dorm or an apartment??

I think you can get an apartment, I read somewhere on this site it is pretty normal to get one
If I go in feb 2015 I will be getting an apartment
Reply 51
Original post by Machi

I wouldn't recommend staying in the student hostel. It's 2-3 people in a bedroom. Apartments are pretty easy to come by and they're waaaay cheaper than the UK!
Reply 52
Original post by ZW17
Hi guys, I am applying for university to start next academic year. I have been looking at Italy for a year now- the IMAT is next month, but all of a sudden I am having doubts in applying (due to the large amount of people sitting it for little spaces!). I attended the Student World fair last year in London where I spoke to Tony from Outreach who told us about the uni of Pleven and also introduced us to the universities representative. Since then I have been so double minded on where to go! And if I should even apply to the uni of Milan. SO, how is the university of PLEVEN? Someone posted on another thread somewhere that they transferred out of Pleven as it wasn't good. I don't want to take just one point of view.

I visited Pleven just last week, and it looked amazing. The education is very good, and the students seem happy. They are also experienced in teaching in English :smile:
Reply 53
Original post by ZW17
I think you can get an apartment, I read somewhere on this site it is pretty normal to get one
If I go in feb 2015 I will be getting an apartment

Thank you for your reply! And I think I'll be getting an apartment too! I'm also planning to visit Pleven next month to see the town, the university, and to get information about apartments!
Reply 54
Original post by hol91
I wouldn't recommend staying in the student hostel. It's 2-3 people in a bedroom. Apartments are pretty easy to come by and they're waaaay cheaper than the UK!

Thanks! So, it seems like living in the student hostel is cheaper than in an apartment, but more uncomfortable.
Reply 55
Original post by Machi
Thanks! So, it seems like living in the student hostel is cheaper than in an apartment, but more uncomfortable.

Yeah, hostel is a lot cheaper, but I wouldn't fancy living there and it's not very close to uni. I saw on another post that you were gonna come and visit next month. I'd definitely make sure you came in June, like you said, and not July or August, as all the students won't be here then. We have our exams June-beginning of July
Reply 56
If anyone one has any questions about Pleven or the University, feel free to PM me! I have been here a very long time!
Reply 57
November is too early to do so..
hey can you tell me how long it takes to get a reply back from the university, is it like weeks or months. and what is my chance of getting an offer as a person with biomedical degree already???
Reply 59
Original post by miss_vikky
hey can you tell me how long it takes to get a reply back from the university, is it like weeks or months. and what is my chance of getting an offer as a person with biomedical degree already???

Chances are good on getting admission on biomedical sciences. Many students who study here have studied biomedical sciences as a primary degree. If you wish I can give you details of the universities official agent here in pleven who can help with your admission!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending