The Student Room Group

Student Finance Help

Hey

I sent off my student finance application way back in may, they received my evidence (birth certificate/parents finance) at the beginning of June and i had seen them back in June. I am yet to receive my declaration about how much money I am going to receive? and I'm just a little worried as to what is happening.

could anyone help? shed some light?

thanks
Original post by -kayles
Hey

I sent off my student finance application way back in may, they received my evidence (birth certificate/parents finance) at the beginning of June and i had seen them back in June. I am yet to receive my declaration about how much money I am going to receive? and I'm just a little worried as to what is happening.

could anyone help? shed some light?

thanks

It can take up to 6 weeks to hear anything from SFE once they have had your evidence. They are also about 6 weeks behind, so could be up to 12 weeks from when you sent your application in that you'll hear anything.
Reply 2
Original post by Knalchemist
It can take up to 6 weeks to hear anything from SFE once they have had your evidence. They are also about 6 weeks behind, so could be up to 12 weeks from when you sent your application in that you'll hear anything.

thankyou!
Reply 3
I was originally meant to get about £4,600 as a maintenance loan, and after checking my application online this has gone down to £3,575? I sent of my mother's financial evidence, but my father's were never requested. We're definitely not over the threshold for the lowest amount. It said my mother's were received and I am currently waiting on the declaration form, will this have the higher amount or has there been a problem with my application?
Original post by Jessica2901
I was originally meant to get about £4,600 as a maintenance loan, and after checking my application online this has gone down to £3,575? I sent of my mother's financial evidence, but my father's were never requested. We're definitely not over the threshold for the lowest amount. It said my mother's were received and I am currently waiting on the declaration form, will this have the higher amount or has there been a problem with my application?

SFE only request financial evidence if the HMRC check fails, which is why they would only have requested it for your mother. So long as your father's details were actually submitted, that is.

When did you send her evidence?
Reply 5
Original post by applicationa
SFE only request financial evidence if the HMRC check fails, which is why they would only have requested it for your mother. So long as your father's details were actually submitted, that is.

When did you send her evidence?

Yes I did submit my father's details. We sent the evidence on 11th June (recorded) as they asked for it by the 14th June.
Yes I did submit my father's details. We sent the evidence on 11th June (recorded) as they asked for it by the 14th June.

It could either be that your application reverted to non income assessed just before the evidence has been seen, or that the evidence was insufficient in which case they'll have sent your mother a letter asking for more. With the timescale you sent it in either one is possible.

When your declaration arrives with the lower loan amount, sign it. This doesn't make the amounts permanent, but your declaration needs to be returned 3 weeks before your course start date to ensure you will get your first payment on time. If you wait until the income assessment is completed before signing your declaration, you might get end up returning it too late.
Reply 7
Original post by applicationa
It could either be that your application reverted to non income assessed just before the evidence has been seen, or that the evidence was insufficient in which case they'll have sent your mother a letter asking for more. With the timescale you sent it in either one is possible.

When your declaration arrives with the lower loan amount, sign it. This doesn't make the amounts permanent, but your declaration needs to be returned 3 weeks before your course start date to ensure you will get your first payment on time. If you wait until the income assessment is completed before signing your declaration, you might get end up returning it too late.

Ok, thank you for the help! How long do you think I should leave it before contacting them if I don't receive a declaration with the higher amount?
Ok, thank you for the help! How long do you think I should leave it before contacting them if I don't receive a declaration with the higher amount?

I would say give it two weeks, if you don't see a new entitlement letter in the View Correspondence page in that time give them a call.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending