The Student Room Group

pya4 - chances of repeating a question from january??

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone knew the chances of a question from January 2006 being repeated in the PYA4 exam on tuesday? See, my reasoning is that in some schools people may have already taken this module once in Janurary, and may be chossing to resit it on tuesday (can u resit a2's?) and therefore it wouldn't be fair to repeat a question from January because there may be people out there who have done January's exam AND are doing tuesdays exam...

What do u guys think?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i doubt they'd repeat the same question
Even if ppl did badly on it in Jan the papers are written yrs in advance, so i doubt what was on in Jan will be on the paper on tues
Reply 2
really? so its pretty much definate that they woudlnt repeat a q from jan?
uh huh!! just isnt really done! like u said theres would be it an unfair advantage to retakers!
Reply 4
so r people not going to bother revising the topics that come up in january?
Reply 5
Does anybody know what the topics were? For relationships, Evolutionary explanations of animal behaviour and evolutionary explanations of human behaviour?

Thanx
Tut
Reply 6
I'd still revise them - the same biorhythms questions seem to come up time and time again.

Anyone got any predictions?

I'm doing Biorhythms, personality, adolesence, gender roles, pro/anti social behaviour

I think something on dreaming may come up, relationships in adolescence and anti-social behaviour - no idea why - just my thoughts from looking over past papers.
Reply 7
Tut
Does anybody know what the topics were? For relationships, Evolutionary explanations of animal behaviour and evolutionary explanations of human behaviour?

Thanx
Tut

For relationships, it was formation / maintenance. I don't do the others, sorry!
Dreaming came up in January *prays it's not on Tuesday's paper*
im going to take a chance and not revise any of dreaming
:ditto: but i've revised 4 sections so even if it does come up, i don't have to try and answer it.
Reply 11
as far as i know for pro and anti social behaviour it was theories like slt etc - cultural differences in pro social behaviour, environmental stressors and media influences coud all come up.
I think it was dreaming for biological rhythms, so itll be somethin on sleep - probably theories
not sure about Piaget/vygotsky etc, I dunno what came up in Jan, but apparently Piaget is likely this time round.
Reply 12
im going to take a chance and not revise any of dreaming

Ditto, i'll cry if it comes up tho lol
~*Sar*~
Ditto, i'll cry if it comes up tho lol

if it comes up im going to just ****ing cross the question out and write
"Discuss research on ecological theories of sleep!"

edit: and hope that we somehow have an answer booklet page which has the questions already written on it
Reply 14
if it comes up im going to just ****ing cross the question out and write
"Discuss research on ecological theories of sleep!"

haha brill!
I'm pretty happy wif most bits of the course, 's just moral development and dreaming i dont like. Can't believe how much stuff there is 2 learn for this exam tho, its ridiculous.
the paper is soo stupid, ive only got the rest of today to revise...

and monday from 4pm onwards.

becuase i need sat n sun for maths which is on mon pm!!

so im screwed! cos i got loads to do
Reply 16
ditto, iv got to work tomorro (stupid job)
and iv got geog revision to do too, cus thats straight after my psy exam! How cruel
straight after? same day? that is crazy, i heard geog has lots of stuff to revise like psychology does.
But at least in geog you can make up all the stats for the case studies.
According to what I've heard:

Relationships: Formation and Maintenance of
Pro and Anti: Psychological theories of Aggression
Social+Personality Development: Relationships between Peer and Parents during Adolescence

I've taken the chance and decided not to go over those. It wouldn't make sense if they were repeated twice in a year. It's daunting to know that you only need to be asked one wrong question for it all to go pear shaped :frown: Especially since I've only been over three topics.

There really is too much to learn for Psychology.

:eek: Oh and apparently dissolution of relationships has never come up or cultural differences in personality.

EDIT: Whoooops - dissolution has been done (June 2003) and I meant cultural difference in adolescence:biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending