The Student Room Group

Been rejected by a crush?

Just told my crush that I liked them after a terrible misinterpretation of actions, so I have been rejected.
Desperately need somewhere to spew my feelings, so I figured here is the best place. If anybody wants to join in, feel free to xD

I saw them in school yesterday and it was so awkward and ugh. And I don't understand because it really seemed like they liked me back but they didn't. They were just super flirty and invited me to go watch a movie with them just for the hell of it apparently. Is there even a set way to tell if somebody likes you? Because when I try, I'm always wrong :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by suzylemonade
Just told my crush that I liked them after a terrible misinterpretation of actions, so I have been rejected.
Desperately need somewhere to spew my feelings, so I figured here is the best place. If anybody wants to join in, feel free to xD

I saw them in school yesterday and it was so awkward and ugh. And I don't understand because it really seemed like they liked me back but they didn't. They were just super flirty and invited me to go watch a movie with them just for the hell of it apparently. Is there even a set way to tell if somebody likes you? Because when I try, I'm always wrong :frown:

I cant help thinking that he is some kind of player when I read this, correct me if Im wrong. If he has been leading you on and then rejects you you dont want to waste your time with someone like this anyway. At least he didnt go out with you for ages and then dump you that would have been even more upsetting, you got an easy escape!

Ive had this happen though when I was a lot younger a guy showed signs of liking me for up to a year, his sister said he liked me! He asked me out and I said yea, we kissed twice then totally blanked me! I rang to ask if he was comming out and he just said 'no' then bye. Didnt make sense all that time wanting to walk right at the side of me, sitting really close to me on the couch, sent me a valentines card, actually telling me he liked me for months and the blanking me when I said yes. Maybe my breath smelt or something.

But yea, imagine if you went out with that guy, given how flirty he is, would you trust him? He might have done it to boost his ego. Best thing to do is act happy around him, chat to people/guys and show him it didnt bother you. Even if he is genuine then this is the best thing to do as it shows him you can control your emotions and not let things get to you. You never know he might come back to you in time but dont build the hopes up as he might not.
Reply 2
He was super flirty and invited you to watch a film? Well, then his intentions were misleading. You have every right to feel upset. Take your time and get back up on your feet and move on. :smile:
It sounds like he did lead you on, being really flirty and asking you to go to the cinema with him.
Although there's a good chance he is a dick and lead you on just for fun, there may be a slim chance it wasn't intentional.
You may have interpreted him as being flirty, which he could be like with most other girls normally, and simply wanted to be friends and hang out with you at the cinema?

Either way, the bottom line is that he isn't interested. I would cut all contact from him and move on to find someone else.
There is plenty more fish in the sea! :smile:
Reply 4
She didnt even specify it was a guy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by RedArrow
She didnt even specify it was a guy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, exactly. It is a girl actually :P
Reply 6
Original post by inthedark1
I cant help thinking that he is some kind of player when I read this, correct me if Im wrong. If he has been leading you on and then rejects you you dont want to waste your time with someone like this anyway. At least he didnt go out with you for ages and then dump you that would have been even more upsetting, you got an easy escape!

Ive had this happen though when I was a lot younger a guy showed signs of liking me for up to a year, his sister said he liked me! He asked me out and I said yea, we kissed twice then totally blanked me! I rang to ask if he was comming out and he just said 'no' then bye. Didnt make sense all that time wanting to walk right at the side of me, sitting really close to me on the couch, sent me a valentines card, actually telling me he liked me for months and the blanking me when I said yes. Maybe my breath smelt or something.

But yea, imagine if you went out with that guy, given how flirty he is, would you trust him? He might have done it to boost his ego. Best thing to do is act happy around him, chat to people/guys and show him it didnt bother you. Even if he is genuine then this is the best thing to do as it shows him you can control your emotions and not let things get to you. You never know he might come back to you in time but dont build the hopes up as he might not.

Really? Are you guys still together now?
And well, they're not really a player- they're just super friendly (according to my friends that are also good friends with them). I'm not too sure about that, so yeah you're right. Maybe there's no point building my hopes up.
Reply 7
Original post by QwentyJ
He was super flirty and invited you to watch a film? Well, then his intentions were misleading. You have every right to feel upset. Take your time and get back up on your feet and move on. :smile:

Thanks :smile: I thought it was just me being really stupid at the time and I felt like I was over-reacting
Reply 8
Original post by Solid.Snake
It sounds like he did lead you on, being really flirty and asking you to go to the cinema with him.
Although there's a good chance he is a dick and lead you on just for fun, there may be a slim chance it wasn't intentional.
You may have interpreted him as being flirty, which he could be like with most other girls normally, and simply wanted to be friends and hang out with you at the cinema?

Either way, the bottom line is that he isn't interested. I would cut all contact from him and move on to find someone else.
There is plenty more fish in the sea! :smile:

Yeah, probably. I've heard from people that they're just super friendly to everybody, so it doesn't mean anything. I guess they were just going for friends, which sucks for me xD
Yeah, I am trying to move on atm. It's quite difficult though because I've liked them for over a year now, so yeah xD
Really? Are you guys still together now?
And well, they're not really a player- they're just super friendly (according to my friends that are also good friends with them). I'm not too sure about that, so yeah you're right. Maybe there's no point building my hopes up.

No, we were never together, just for like half a day we just kissed twice then he blanked me.
No, we were never together, just for like half a day we just kissed twice then he blanked me.

Really? That sounds really bad :/
Really? That sounds really bad :/

I know he was showing signs that he liked me for about a year.

Is the girl you like into girls did you know? I suppose its slightly different as girls tend to ask each other to the cinema so maybe it wasnt as misleading as i assumed.
I know he was showing signs that he liked me for about a year.

Is the girl you like into girls did you know? I suppose its slightly different as girls tend to ask each other to the cinema so maybe it wasnt as misleading as i assumed.

Yeah, she is. Yeah, I guess it was just me being silly but because we aren't even good friends, I was confused as to why she'd ask me to go to the cinemas with her
Reply 13
**** happens - just forget him and move on.

Feel crap for a day, that's cool, but no point dwelling on an unrequited love.

Feel better x
Original post by jamboogy
**** happens - just forget him and move on.

Feel crap for a day, that's cool, but no point dwelling on an unrequited love.

Feel better x

Yeah, you're right. There's really no point dwelling on it. Thanks :smile:
Oh and it's a her :smile:
It's always harder with the same-sex. You have to figure out whether or not they're into the same-sex and then whether they like you in that way or not. Same issue bro :tongue:
Original post by DashingHero
It's always harder with the same-sex. You have to figure out whether or not they're into the same-sex and then whether they like you in that way or not. Same issue bro :tongue:

Yeah, exactly xD It's so ****ing difficult sometimes xD
Oh, really? What's your situation? :smile:
Yeah, exactly xD It's so ****ing difficult sometimes xD
Oh, really? What's your situation? :smile:

Nothing like yours, just I see someone I like but don't have the courage to go up to them or anything cause I'm afraid they'll reject me due to my gender :redface:

So are you interested in the opposite sex as well? I find it a bit annoying with one of my female mates who obviously likes me basically ignores me when I say I'm mainly interested in guys :tongue:
Original post by DashingHero
Nothing like yours, just I see someone I like but don't have the courage to go up to them or anything cause I'm afraid they'll reject me due to my gender :redface:

So are you interested in the opposite sex as well? I find it a bit annoying with one of my female mates who obviously likes me basically ignores me when I say I'm mainly interested in guys :tongue:

Ah, okay :frown: Do you reckon they are into the same sex? Or are they completely straight?
And yep :smile: What really irritates me is when people say that I'm not bisexual, I'm just too scared to come out as lesbian. I know what I am xD
You say mainly; are you interested in girls too? :smile:

Oh no :frown: Suzy :frown: if you ever need to chat you can always PM me ^_^

I know exactly how you feel..because this guy I liked when I was about 11 until I was 15 we liked eachother... but both of us were shy and we didn't tell eachother but we knew, and everyone else knew we would of been great together etc.. when I was 15 I finally plucked up the courage..but it was too late..I was absoloutly heartbroken. The worst feeling in the world..because I really liked him.. but ah well.. i'm over it now :smile: so it's all good.

You'll find someone. Honestly, you're a lovely person. So like I said just PM me if you like
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending