The Student Room Group

University Help

Hello,

I will try to keep this as brief as possible. Earlier this year, I decided to leave UCL as I was not happy with my course or the university in general. I have accepted a place on an LLB programme at UEA which offers the opportunity to also receive an LLL (Licence en Droit) from the University of Strasbourg (dependent on marks) which is a big selling factor.

I have experienced the whole 'elite' university environment and don't particularly like it. However, it is and always has been my intention to become a barrister and I'm under no illusion of how difficult my chosen career is to get into. I also understand that most successful pupils will have been to Oxbridge/UCL/LSE/Warwick/Nottingham/Exeter/Liverpool/Manchester et al. I want to complete an LLM in the future which is worth noting.

I would be interested to hear you opinions on my choice and whether you think it will be too difficult to get into a good chambers having graduated with an LLB and and LLL from UEA/Strasbourg.

I received an email from Exeter university saying they would consider a late application - any views on that?

Thanks for any advice/observations

Jak

:smile:
Hey there. While you're waiting for a reply to your post, we thought we'd give your thread a timely bump.

But don't twiddle your thumbs in the meantime! Kick off your revision and study time by heading to our Learn Together section.

In Learn Together, you'll find interactive study tools to help make your revision quicker and easier. We've also got thousands of handpicked assignments analysed by great teachers, so you can learn from top-marked work. And there's tons more too: get started on Learn Together now!
Reply 2
Original post by Jakaroo94
Hello,

I will try to keep this as brief as possible. Earlier this year, I decided to leave UCL as I was not happy with my course or the university in general. I have accepted a place on an LLB programme at UEA which offers the opportunity to also receive an LLL (Licence en Droit) from the University of Strasbourg (dependent on marks) which is a big selling factor.

I have experienced the whole 'elite' university environment and don't particularly like it. However, it is and always has been my intention to become a barrister and I'm under no illusion of how difficult my chosen career is to get into. I also understand that most successful pupils will have been to Oxbridge/UCL/LSE/Warwick/Nottingham/Exeter/Liverpool/Manchester et al. I want to complete an LLM in the future which is worth noting.

I would be interested to hear you opinions on my choice and whether you think it will be too difficult to get into a good chambers having graduated with an LLB and and LLL from UEA/Strasbourg.

I received an email from Exeter university saying they would consider a late application - any views on that?

Thanks for any advice/observations

Jak

:smile:

I went Stras to do law so let me know if you have qs about that.

Maitrise is important if you wish to practice in France, otherwise not a big factor, not sure Exeter would be massively beneficial over UEA at the bar, though possibly slightly.
Reply 3
Original post by roh
I went Stras to do law so let me know if you have qs about that.

Maitrise is important if you wish to practice in France, otherwise not a big factor, not sure Exeter would be massively beneficial over UEA at the bar, though possibly slightly.

They were my thoughts exactly. That's fantastic, thank you very much, I shall PM you about Strasbourg!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending