The Student Room Group

Car sick while driving?

Random question as I'm curious, has anyone else managed to make themselves motion sick while driving a car?

Daniel
If you mean by force then no.

I'm get car sick :frown:

I'm most vulnerable with long distant journeys, or if I'm going on a motor vehicle after a long time.
Reply 2
Never been sick.
Felt a bit squeamish and had visible hand shakes when I piloted a pro street dragster a few years back.
Nothing quite like the adrenalin rush of 0-60 in less than 2 seconds! Well... there is... crossing the finish line sideways @ 100+mph in someone elses car due to rain on the track is an even bigger rush - just not in a positive way.
I don't think i'd have needed a seatbelt - my arse was doing a fine job gripping the seat! lol! :cool:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Splenge007
If you mean by force then no.
I'm get car sick :frown:

As a passenger I get car sick pretty much anytime I'm not looking out of the window with a fair bias towards looking forwards, and if someone a 'bad' driver, hard on the pedals, digital steering, etc, its much worse.

But no, I mean if you are the driver, have you managed to make yourself sick with your own driving.

I have a couple of times, if I'm trying to flit round some shops after work before they shut, so im tired and jumping in out of the car I can make myself feel a bit crap. But most spectacular made my self i'll once when taking my housemate for a spin in the kit car. Spirited driving, down the back lanes, while he was videoing it with his photo, and I think it was glancing at his phone from time to time that did it, but after about 15minutes I just had to pull over and stop!

I must have been horrendous when I was a child. Local trips where ok, but almost every family holiday would start with me loosing my breakfast half an hour in to the journey. Threw up on a school trip in wales once as well, which was mega not not cool at the time.

Daniel
Original post by dhutch
As a passenger I get car sick pretty much anytime I'm not looking out of the window with a fair bias towards looking forwards, and if someone a 'bad' driver, hard on the pedals, digital steering, etc, its much worse.

But no, I mean if you are the driver, have you managed to make yourself sick with your own driving.

I have a couple of times, if I'm trying to flit round some shops after work before they shut, so im tired and jumping in out of the car I can make myself feel a bit crap. But most spectacular made my self i'll once when taking my housemate for a spin in the kit car. Spirited driving, down the back lanes, while he was videoing it with his photo, and I think it was glancing at his phone from time to time that did it, but after about 15minutes I just had to pull over and stop!

I must have been horrendous when I was a child. Local trips where ok, but almost every family holiday would start with me loosing my breakfast half an hour in to the journey. Threw up on a school trip in wales once as well, which was mega not not cool at the time.

Daniel

I can't answer as a driver because, because I don't drive.

I feel it's gotten better as I got older. I had to take tablets before long journeys. Now I can do long journeys without the tablet.

It's worse when it's hot, and during the day. At night, I find I'm perfectly fine. Weird. I never managed to figure out why. I can't eat in the car, or read anything whilst driving, I find it makes me dizzy and eventually :puke:

Do you have any personal 'treatments'? For me, breathing fresh air from outside really helps, so I roll down the windows. Also closing my eyes, trying to fall asleep helps, too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending