The Student Room Group

Consultancy Summer Internships 2014

Scroll to see replies

Passed EY Strengths Assessment and have been invited to complete an ability test which should last 30minutes. Not really sure what the format is but there is some practice provided.
Reply 21
I wanted to apply for the Deloitte summer internship but it says you need to have achieved a 2:1 in your first year. I got 59.5 in my first year so just a 2:2, does this mean i cant apply?
Reply 22
Original post by Saf94
I wanted to apply for the Deloitte summer internship but it says you need to have achieved a 2:1 in your first year. I got 59.5 in my first year so just a 2:2, does this mean i cant apply?

Hey, just round it up and apply :smile:
Rejected from Deloitte after first round interview.

Oh well, onwards and upwards!
Reply 24
Original post by Intriguing Alias
Rejected from Deloitte after first round interview.

Oh well, onwards and upwards!

telephone interview?
Also did you get any feedback?
Original post by gimboid
telephone interview?
Also did you get any feedback?

No, they don't do telephone interview. Group exercise then one on one interview with a manager.

No feedback, they make it very clear that they do not provide individual feedback. They wrote stuff like "we thought you were an excellent candidate and would like for you to apply to our Graduate scheme when you're in your final year" but I think that's a generic statement they make to pretty much everyone.
Reply 26
No, they don't do telephone interview. Group exercise then one on one interview with a manager.

No feedback, they make it very clear that they do not provide individual feedback. They wrote stuff like "we thought you were an excellent candidate and would like for you to apply to our Graduate scheme when you're in your final year" but I think that's a generic statement they make to pretty much everyone.

Sorry for all the questioning, but was the interview compency based? or technical/case assesment?
Original post by gimboid
Sorry for all the questioning, but was the interview compency based? or technical/case assesment?

Both.

Summary of the day:

5 minutes of the HR person reading through the objective of the group task
5 minutes for each of us to read our personal case study info (I'll only say that we were given some info about a city and were told we had to convince the other applicants that our city should hold the next olympics) and make notes.
Then 15 minutes to make our cases, discuss who makes the best case and make a decision on which city to pick.
Then a bit of a break. Then 15 minutes reading over a case study followed by 45 minutes interviewing about that and 30 minutes of competency questions.

The timings may well be different for you - we got less time in the group part certainly as we were a group of 4 rather than the usual 8.
Sorry to hear you got rejected! I just received the email about 1st round. I emailed them about phone interview lets see. There aren't slots to book so... waiting it is. Got rejected fro EY after the second test. Too bad kpmg don't offer consulting intern. Also got a response from mckinsey that they open on the 1st of September. Is there any other place that offers consultancy internships?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chicheto93
Sorry to hear you got rejected! I just received the email about 1st round. I emailed them about phone interview lets see. There aren't slots to book so... waiting it is. Got rejected fro EY after the second test. Too bad kpmg don't offer consulting intern. Also got a response from mckinsey that they open on the 1st of September. Is there any other place that offers consultancy internships?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks it's fine. And cool - good luck with it. That's unfortunate, yeah KPMG don't but PwC do (think september 1st).
One of Bain/BCG does but not until september 1st too. I'm just googling around for more now.
Thanks it's fine. And cool - good luck with it. That's unfortunate, yeah KPMG don't but PwC do (think september 1st).
One of Bain/BCG does but not until september 1st too. I'm just googling around for more now.

Thank you for the info, are you applying at BBs as well? Couple of them are open but haven't heard anything after doing all the tests. Did Barclays, CS, RBS, Goldman, Lazard waiting to hear from all. Consulting is definitely harder than landing a BO/MO intern at the banks. Might even be harder than some FO roles.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
Any ideas of what would be deemed 'relevant work experience' for a Management Consultancy Summer Internship?
I'm applying for grad consultancy and its been a terrible start. Rejected from ey after strengths test and Deloitte after e-tray even though I thought I nailed it.

IBM ac is the only glimmer of hope so far

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
Original post by donkeykong(dkk)
I'm applying for grad consultancy and its been a terrible start. Rejected from ey after strengths test and Deloitte after e-tray even though I thought I nailed it.

IBM ac is the only glimmer of hope so far

Posted from TSR Mobile

were you already invited for IBM AC?
Original post by Mutt
Any ideas of what would be deemed 'relevant work experience' for a Management Consultancy Summer Internship?

Anything in an office environment, working with clients or as part of a team in a professional capacity (but probably not including part time retail jobs etc).
Thank you for the info, are you applying at BBs as well? Couple of them are open but haven't heard anything after doing all the tests. Did Barclays, CS, RBS, Goldman, Lazard waiting to hear from all. Consulting is definitely harder than landing a BO/MO intern at the banks. Might even be harder than some FO roles.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think I have any desire to work at a bank - it just doesn't interest me any more - so no, I won't be applying to any BBs.
I don't think I have any desire to work at a bank - it just doesn't interest me any more - so no, I won't be applying to any BBs.

What is it about consulting that interests you that doesn't exist in banks? Sorry for all the questions but I am trying to make up my mind about what I really want to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
What is it about consulting that interests you that doesn't exist in banks? Sorry for all the questions but I am trying to make up my mind about what I really want to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Culture, varied work, better hours, travelling, the people, more challenging and interesting work than a spreadsheet every day, That is why quite a few people go into consultancy. However it all is what is right for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Ram92
Culture, varied work, better hours, travelling, the people, more challenging and interesting work than a spreadsheet every day, That is why quite a few people go into consultancy. However it all is what is right for you.

This pretty much.
Original post by AlexejKir
were you already invited for IBM AC?

Well I was told I would be, then I email them to get an update and they hit me with a rejection!

Things just went from bad to worse.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending