The Student Room Group

Consultancy Summer Internships 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by rachel143
Hi, I've just started my Deloitte application form. The word limit in the career motivation questions states 100 words in bullet point. Could you tell me if it's 100 words in total per question or 100 words per bullet point regardless of how many bullet points I use?

I was also wondering if I should attach my CV. Did you end up attaching it? If yes, did you attach just your CV or cover letter as well?

Thanks in advance :smile:

It's 100 words in total. The boxes dont actually let you type any more than that anyway I think.

And no I didn't attach either of them. Luckily I got through to the online test! I wonder what proportion get through the first stage though... I hope it's not too many.
Original post by JamyOates
It's 100 words in total. The boxes dont actually let you type any more than that anyway I think.

And no I didn't attach either of them. Luckily I got through to the online test! I wonder what proportion get through the first stage though... I hope it's not too many.

Sorry to say but I think getting to online test is automatic (as long as you meet basic 2:1 predicted and (340?) UCAS points requirements) for Deloitte. I got my online test invite within minutes of completing my application.
Reply 82
Original post by Intriguing Alias
Sorry to say but I think getting to online test is automatic (as long as you meet basic 2:1 predicted and (340?) UCAS points requirements) for Deloitte. I got my online test invite within minutes of completing my application.

aw that sucks. At what point would your application be reviewed then?
Reply 83
Always attach a CV and covering letter - just comes off lazy otherwise, I think.

Though saying that, I'm always attaching them and received nothing but a steady stream of rejections. Only 1 interview then rejection so far and 3 rejections pre-interview. Fun fun fun.

I see, better to be on the safe side and attach them.

Sorry to hear that, have you tried figuring out what may have gone wrong? It sounds scary, especially considering that you're doing maths at Cambridge :ahhhhh:
Reply 84

Thanks for the info :smile: 100 words for 5 reasons can be a bit tight! Are you applying to the rest of Big4 as well? E&Y seems to be quite full already..
aw that sucks. At what point would your application be reviewed then?

After numerical, e-tray inbox exercise and e-tray written exercise.
Reply 86
Original post by rachel143
Thanks for the info :smile: 100 words for 5 reasons can be a bit tight! Are you applying to the rest of Big4 as well? E&Y seems to be quite full already..

EY and KPMG appear to have no vacancies, while pwc is still talking about 2013...
Any info about applying to these 3 would be appreciated.
Apologies if this has been answered, but can first year students apply to these internships?
Reply 88
EY and KPMG appear to have no vacancies, while pwc is still talking about 2013...
Any info about applying to these 3 would be appreciated.

No idea about KPMG but EY already opened their first vacancies on 1 July, that might be the reason why it seems quite full and PwC is still conducting a few interviews with spring weekers, the remaining places that are not filled up by spring weekers will then be re-opened for everyone, guess they'll update in the upcoming 1-2 weeks so check their website regularly!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 89
Original post by 16dan2life
Apologies if this has been answered, but can first year students apply to these internships?

I'd say you can always try, of course, but would recommend not applying to companies that explicitly state their internships are for penultimate-year students, that would be just a waste of time - telling from personal experience last year

but check out KPMG.. as far as I know they've got a 2week program on for 1st year students
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 90
Original post by gimboid
What sort of academic background does everyone have?

Undergraduate - Imperial: 1st Class
Postgraduate - Cambridge: Straight Ph.D. with national scholarship (second year)

Applied to Mck, BCG, Booz and OW
Original post by ghjgh
Undergraduate - Imperial: 1st Class
Postgraduate - Cambridge: Straight Ph.D. with national scholarship (second year)

Applied to Mck, BCG, Booz and OW

BCG open in January, by the way. Took them like a month to reply to my application to tell me that.
Which of these is it not too late to apply for by now? - Or more simply, what companies are full now?
Reply 93

I got invited to the pre-screen test for E&Y where you're meant to answer questions about being in different situations. Did that then got rejected a day or two later. No idea whether it's for the test or the rest of my application.

Hey, sorry to hear about EY. How did you find the EY application form btw? I just started my application and it seems really strange to me, as in it asks for GPA for university results? Also, I don't get how I'm supposed to enter my A-levels in the same field which asks for GPA...? Am I missing something here?

Would really appreciate any input, and hope your other internship applications are turning out well for you! :smile:
Accenture rejection pre interview. I guess they have just started reviewing apps.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 95
I haven't even taken my PwC tests yet, I've heard they only start reviewing apps after the deadline. Can anyone confirm this?
Anyone know if there are any firms which accept final-year students on their internships? I asked a fair few companies at my uni consultancy fair, but the answer seemed to generally be a resounding no - will I just get rejected straight off if I apply for internships?
Reply 97
Original post by Sockpirate
Anyone know if there are any firms which accept final-year students on their internships? I asked a fair few companies at my uni consultancy fair, but the answer seemed to generally be a resounding no - will I just get rejected straight off if I apply for internships?

I'm in a similar position. Pretend you're planning on doing a masters next year. It's disingenuous but they wont know any different.

Can I ask why you aren't applying for grad schemes?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 98
Original post by nimoy234
I haven't even taken my PwC tests yet, I've heard they only start reviewing apps after the deadline. Can anyone confirm this?

Confirmed for consultancy.
Reply 99
Original post by Ram92
Confirmed for consultancy.

Thanks, the deadline in mid-November right?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending