The Student Room Group

IB remarks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by spayka
Hey guys,

I'm not sure about percentages but my IBC informed me that I am two points off the higher boundary in Chemistry, and three points off the higher boundary in German B HL.

I requested both to get remarked. Do any of you reckon there is a high possibility one goes up? If it does, then i'll make my offer :biggrin:

No one can really say, logically the closer to the boundary you are the more likely they can 'find' a few extra marks. Unfortunately though being close tot the boundary doesn't mean there is a high possibility of it going up, I sent off four re-marks last year, all were 2 marks or less from the boundary and only one was re-marked a grade up so best have a plan B.
Good luck though, fingers crossed for you that they do go up :smile:
Reply 21
sup guys,

I'm sending three subjects for re-marks and both my TOK and EE. my IBC didnt tell us percentages but I was 3 marks away from a 7 in History HL, 2 marks away from a 5 in Physics SL, 4 marks away from a 6 in German B SL. I missed both my offers in the UK so gotta go all in. hoping for the best especially for stuff like TOK and History HL where the marking is crazy subjective!

Good luck & hope it works out for all of us!
Reply 22
Original post by spayka
Hey guys,

I'm not sure about percentages but my IBC informed me that I am two points off the higher boundary in Chemistry, and three points off the higher boundary in German B HL.

I requested both to get remarked. Do any of you reckon there is a high possibility one goes up? If it does, then i'll make my offer :biggrin:

what a bauer
Updates about my remarks - my economics HL and psycho SL both improved to 7s. So there is hope in remarkings :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by nguyenkhoa94
Updates about my remarks - my economics HL and psycho SL both improved to 7s. So there is hope in remarkings :smile:

oh my goodness, that's so good! congrats :smile:

if anybody else gets remarks back can they please update this thread :smile: just to give people an idea of how long it takes.
Reply 25

Congrats! :biggrin:

When did you send yours off?
Last year, I sent off my HL English and EE for remarking as both astonished me, and none of them changed. Last year's IB average, however was 29 points, so the examiners or the exams themselves must've been bitches; that, or most of the world decided to procrastinate until the end. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 27

How far away your were from the upper boundary of Economics HL?
I think this year starts from 78.
Thanks guys :smile: :biggrin: I send them off to remark last monday, the 8th. Some people got remark results on the next day - chemistry I think. I was 1 mark off in Econ and 2 marks in Psycho.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 29
I just got my biology back - no change, but I wasn't really expecting it to...

I haven't heard about english yet though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Anybody got French HL back yet? The boundary for a 7 was so ridiculously high this year, 89% :confused:
Got my TOK back on Monday (sent on the 9th) - alas no change. A History EE re-mark was sent off too, no response yet.
Reply 32
Hi, those who have had their remarks back already, how did you receive the results of the remark (EUR). Were they sent by post to your school or was your ibo candidate result page updated? thanks.
Original post by CHelenL
Hi, those who have had their remarks back already, how did you receive the results of the remark (EUR). Were they sent by post to your school or was your ibo candidate result page updated? thanks.

My IBC received an e-mail from the IBO then forwarded it on to me.
Original post by CHelenL

Same as fairisle, but I don't know if the result page updates too or not as our center never used it, we got our initial results in person instead.
Reply 35
Original post by CHelenL

My IB coordinator told me, and the IB candidates' results page was also immediately updated. The components changed too, and my IBC emailed the new marks to me. (Basically, your coordinator gets everything)
Reply 36
Hey, sent my hl eng a1 off last thursday, so its been more than a week. Any day now i guess? Really need that 1 point to make my firm choice!
Reply 37
Got my EE (Economics) back, it went up 2 points, upgraded to A :smile:
Sent off English and Math HL(on the 10th) too, no response ... Anyone got any results yet ???
Desperately need that 1 point in Math HL to make my offer !!!

Good luck to everyone waiting for their remark !!!
Our coordinator said it takes 3-6 weeks for them to remark!

So a minimum of two weeks of waiting still, unless a miracle occurs.
HOLY SH#/&"(. I was wrong. I was SO wrong. I've never been so wrong in my life.

Sorry.

Thank you mom, dad, everyone.

MY BIOLOGY GRADE IS NOW A 5!!! EVERYONE: DRINKS ON ME :biggrin: LOL! YES!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending