The Student Room Group

late application

closed.
(edited 8 years ago)
I think you have to mention your first year on any application.

Before you dive in again though you need to assess what went wrong this time round. Was it the course? the uni? the environment?
Original post by Mystro
still haven't told my mum lol

As a mum, it was this bit that got me. I can really understand that you want to get all this sorted out so that you can present your mum with a done deal, problem solved, but it really isn't worth it. If you crash through applying elsewhere at the moment, you will be applying to a much more limited field of courses and universities and in a frame of mind which isn't conducive to making rational choices. On a purely practical basis, you will only be entitled to 3 more years of student loans, so you cannot afford to make the wrong choice this time. (Incidentally, it's worth noting that even the student loan company allows you to make one mistake, so take comfort from the fact that you are far from alone.) Most mums have a sixth sense about their kids and I think yours may well have an inkling already that things aren't right. Tell her the truth. Be prepared for some initial awkwardness, but the situation isn't going to solve itself without some difficulty and I bet your mum will only want you to be happy. Be prepared to take a year out and think what you really want to do. Act in haste, repent at leisure.

Also, as ageshallnot says above, you have to declare your year at university on your next application, but admissions officers are human beings. They know people make mistakes and millions of students have done what you did over the years. It won't be a problem WHEN you have thought out clearly what you want to do and made a sensible, not knee-jerk, application.
(edited 10 years ago)
If you failed so badly that your existing Uni doesnt want to back then you really do have to think if you really are up to University level study.

And btw, if you try reapplying, UCAS will realise you are a repeat applicant and flag this up to the Unis.

Suggest you start thinking about what else to do with your life - www.notgoingtouni.com.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending