The Student Room Group

i think i'm in love with my best friend

first off, i'm a girl and my best friend is a boy. we're both eighteen.

we've been friends for 7 years and best friends for 5 years. we admitted romantic feelings towards each other when we were 14 but it was too awkward so i stopped it before it went anywhere. we didn't speak to each other for 3 or 4 months after that until a mutual friend forced us to hang out. we have never talked about it since, but haven't needed to.

as we went to different colleges for alevels we kind of lost contact for a while and didn't meet up for a few months. however, as we've both finished our exams, we've started to meet up regularly again. seeing him again after all that time has kind of made me think that i like him more than a friend.

we're going on holiday together (we booked it last minute a few weeks back) next week and i don't want thing to be awkward between us for it, so i don't really want to tell him just in case he doesn't reciprocate (and i'm pretty sure he only sees me as a friend) but i don't know what to do. should i just keep it to myself until my feelings go away? i'm not sure they will if i see him often.

i'm going away to uni in sept whereas he's doing a foundation course in our hometown, so we won't see each other as much then, that's the only thing.

helppp???
Reply 1
oh and another thing; he's never had a girlfriend before whereas i've dated a couple of people and i think that would bother him
Reply 2
You are both going away on holiday? Just you two?

Then you know what to do..while you are out there..make a move...if he likes you he will not pass up on that pussy for sure!
Reply 3
If he was the one who suggested going out 4 years ago then you've got nothing to worry about and since your the first girl hes probably ever seriously liked its likely that he still likes you. ;-)

Risking your friendship cause its possible a lot has changed in the last four years

Good luck :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by az08
You are both going away on holiday? Just you two?

Then you know what to do..while you are out there..make a move...if he likes you he will not pass up on that pussy for sure!

How subtle :colone:
No better chance than a holiday to make your move! Seriously though, if you really like him, then you should give it a shot. The only thing that may be a hurdle is the distance you'll have when you go to uni and he's still in your home town - this is the bit I'd think about. If its like an hour away, the no problem, but if it really is long distance, then you may need to think twice. I made it work with my girlfriend for a while after going to different unis - we were about 1 hour away by car, and managed to meet up 2-3 times a week either at hers or mine. So you can make it work.

If you do decide to make a move or at least start flirting when you go away together, just make sure it doesn't come across as another holiday romance. If he reciprocates, you may need to tell him that you like him quite a bit. As one of the posters above said, if he was the one who asked you out a few years, chances are that he may still like you now. Its quite difficult actually to forget the first girl you fall for - I don't mean just a crush, but properly fall for! I don't think it will ruin your friendship if it doesn't work out - you've already been there once and you're older now so you can deal with it better. So, I'd say give it your best shot! Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending