The Student Room Group

OCR A2 Past Papers.

Hi, I'm looking for some past papers and marking schemes for OCR Buddhism, Philosophy of Religion, and Connections (Philosophy and Eastern Religions). I realise that OCR has some sample papers on its website, but these are not I realised today (unfortunately in an exam!!! :frown: :mad: ) the layout of their actual papers. Any help would be really appreciated, I realise everyone's busy (can I be crude at this point and offer 'reputation' points, or is that bad behaviour? Your choice :p: )...
:tsr2:
i've got some past questions lying about for philosophy of religion...

1. "therories of life after death do not provide a solution to the problem of evil". discuss

2. assess hume's reason for rejecting miracles

3. "the verification principle offers no real challenge to religious belief". discuss.

4. discuss the view that religious experiences may be true because there is a common core to all of them.

1. "the concept of resurrection of the body is incoherent". discusss

2. "by defination a miricale can anver happen". discuss

3. "philosophers have prooved conclusively that religious language is meaningful". discuss.

4. "god is most clearly revealed to humanity through scripture". discuss.

hope that helped! good luck !!
Reply 2
Thanks 10inchpianist! Those were really helpful!
Do you have any idea of the paper's format?
xx
Reply 3
The format is two essays out of a choice of four titles, which should all be on different topics
no prob :biggrin:

no idea of the fortmat but if i found out you'll be the first to know :biggrin:
dreamqueen
The format is two essays out of a choice of four titles, which should all be on different topics

ant idea on what those topics might be...

please dont say no...:confused:
Reply 6
body & soul, theories of life after death (resurrection, reincarnation), revelation through religious experience, revelation through miracles, revelation through scripture, religious language - verification, falsification, language games, analogy, symbol, myth. Questions can be as vague as being about a whole topic, e.g. religious language, or as precise as being about one aspect, e.g. symbol
Reply 7
We might get two from revelation or religious language, on different aspects
nice one
Reply 9
Thanks DQ. :-)
Hi i'm doing OCR New Testament and ethics. I've got my ethics exam on wednesday and I thought I'd check the OCR website to look at past papers (like other exam boards have) but for some reason they don't seem to be published.
If it's just me not using my eyes could someone direct me to the page, or have any past questions for A2 ethics.
Thanks.
Reply 11
This is for the christian ethics route.

The Religious ethics paper you choose two questions from a possible four.

June 2004:
1. assess critically the nature and role of the conscience in ethical decision-making
2. 'we do not possess any genuine freedom to act ethical' discuss
3. to what extent if at all can the ethics of the religion you have studied be interpreted as utilitarian?
4. Discuss how ethical theories might be applied to issues of war and peace.

June 2005:
1.Assess the view that conscience is not the voice of God, but is learned
2. compare and constrast utilitarianism with the ethics of the religion you have studied
3. dicuss the claim that killing in warfare is more justifiable that other kinds of killing
4. 'religious ethics prevent progress in embryo research' discuss

For the synoptic module, you get three questions of which you have to answer two:

June 2004:
1. discuss the claim that pyschology has seriously undermined the idea that it is right to follow one's conscience.
2. how fair is it to claim that moral language os meaningful, even if religious language is not?
3. 'belief in reward after death encourages people to perform the right actions for the wrong motives.' Discuss

June 2005:
1. to what extent can God be held responsible for moral evil?
2. Religious language and ethical language are both about facts
3. the only point in behaving morally is to be rewarded after death. Discuss

I hope that helps!
Reply 12
has any one got the january 2006 religious ethics 2 (christianity route) questions please?
Reply 13
hi how much do you think the markers are expecting one to write in 45 mins?
our teacher says 3 1/2 pages per question for medish handwritting...

any one got the june 2006 questions for the philosophy of religion paper, ocr?

helen
Little_soph
Hi i'm doing OCR New Testament and ethics. I've got my ethics exam on wednesday and I thought I'd check the OCR website to look at past papers (like other exam boards have) but for some reason they don't seem to be published.
If it's just me not using my eyes could someone direct me to the page, or have any past questions for A2 ethics.
Thanks.

Are you sure you have your exam this Wed? I do OCR NT and Ethics and my ethics exam is June 13th and my connections June 21st.
Reply 16
That person who sed theirs was on wednesday was from last year!!! lol, so dont worry mines on the 13th and 21st too lol
Becca
hiyaaaa!!

does anyone have any past papers for OCR synoptic connections A2, i have just seen the June 2004 and June 2005, but has anyone got anything else?!

i sooooooo didnt realize the exam questions were like this, and im worried now :eek:

any help with do, thanks guys :smile: xx

Latest